Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Crazycast159 Aug 7, 2014 @ 9:23am
thx We have an idea of what we want by what yall said so thx for the help
Thx For Feedback
Last edited by Crazycast159; Aug 9, 2014 @ 12:04pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Skoardy Aug 7, 2014 @ 9:33am 
Originally posted by Crazycast159:
Just wanting to know so we can get the game started.

Sure.

* Have your own vision. Create the game you want to create - you'll enjoy development a lot more that way.
* Don't farm design out to committee. The whole 'too many cooks' thing is true.
* Don't do a shoot-for-the-moon game without even having any a basic idea of what you're planning to do.
* Work on your grammar, spelling and punctuation. All tend to be important for RPGs and game development in general.
The RPG thing probably doesn't apply so you'll have to excuse that - it is taken from some other thread where a 'dev' couldn't be bothered to design their own game.
Crazycast159 Aug 7, 2014 @ 9:35am 
Thanks.
C0untzer0 Aug 7, 2014 @ 9:45am 
I want a developer with at least some slight clue as to what they're doing, a passion for their product, and the ability to make it happen.

Oh, you're 0/3, shame.
Last edited by C0untzer0; Aug 9, 2014 @ 12:07pm
PedoBear Aug 7, 2014 @ 1:10pm 
make a good game :P
Crazycast159 Aug 7, 2014 @ 2:09pm 
wow well thx i asked for an idea of what you guys want so ok
I really agree with @Skoardy do a game of the type you like

If you do a game we like and you may not its not going to end well, so work on a game you will enjoy to play, then we can enjoy to play that
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:29pm 
Do something turnbased.
Do something with 2D graphics.
Do something where you yourself (or someone on your team) decides on the story.
Do something not overly complicated.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:30pm
D0uble Aug 7, 2014 @ 5:29pm 
make something simler to mass effect where you have to live with your choices.
Zero Aug 7, 2014 @ 6:24pm 
Just saying but... A real dev would do something HE feels like doing and not based on what others like. Super Mario Bros didn't begin with player feedbacks. By doing a game you feel like doing, it will be more fun for you to do it and improve it.
wilco64256 Aug 8, 2014 @ 6:58am 
I'll give you an idea, then if you use it you get to pay royalties to me in perpetuity, and if you use it without paying me royalties I'll sue you into oblivion. See how bad asking other people what you should make is?
PΔIN_HEAD Aug 8, 2014 @ 10:41am 
make something you are sure you are able to. Just think what you feel confident about. I am a comic artist (it's my hobby, I have never been posting anything). I always tease myself with the same questions when I want to create something new for my friends. If I take an new genre I will either neglect it or transform in something I am used to. No matter what idea you're taking. The most important thing is to show off what you can and what you are good at
I advise you not to copy anyone and search for a slight inspiration (not taken out of another game, if possible).
If you want to know my personal preferance, I am always attracted by the appearance of a game (don't pay too much attention to it, please :P ). If I feel suffering for the main character, I will almost love the game (this is quite important, if you will be making an RPG).
Jakkafang Aug 8, 2014 @ 2:03pm 
in my opinion, through gameplay I like sandbox-survival and RPG games. as far as grafics go, I`m fine with any, but I do like voxels, but do something you want to do, I`m going to make games myself and I`m coming up with tons of ideas on my own. so yeah, make sometthing you`d want to play. as long as it`s not an air simulater game (that`s just about the only simulation game not on here). I may share one of my ideas with you if you want.
Crazycast159 Aug 9, 2014 @ 12:03pm 
ok thx we have got it just go with our gut thx for the feedback
Crazycast159 Aug 9, 2014 @ 12:12pm 
Anyone who has helped from when i posted to when this ended today will get a shout out in the game. Thank you.
Originally posted by Crazycast159:
Anyone who has helped from when i posted to when this ended today will get a shout out in the game. Thank you.
You mean Shot at?

Any way i will like to hear when you guys are done and see what you made.. so if there is any were to have a mailing list for that time may be nice
Last edited by Black Blade (Cart Idling); Aug 9, 2014 @ 12:30pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 7, 2014 @ 9:23am