Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Gain access to the (Windows Only) level editor that the Young Horses used to create Octodad: Dadliest Catch. Create your own ridiculous levels and challenges to share with others.
Learn More
Just a Turret Aug 5, 2014 @ 4:35am
External sounds are not working
Some days ago I started to learn the editor and I found an odd thing with external sounds.
I changed the SoundBankPath to the my own .fev file. In editor it works perfectly well, but after packing the map into .zip (for testing in game) it don't work. In the game the whole level works, but sounds is not (every single sound file (.fsb, .fdp, and .fev) is included to the .zip).
Is it bug or did I something wrong?

P.S. The same thing happened with one map with custom bg music from workshop (in the game the silence but in editor it plays as expected).
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Luthyr  [developer] 10 Aug 5, 2014 @ 8:28am 
Hmm, not that I'm aware of. The Wrecking Blub mod also uses this feature and it appears to be working for me. What happens is that the program copies the FMOD files temporarily out of the zip. You may want to clear the copied files to see if that fixes it. It's in the config folder:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Octodad Dadliest Catch\

But don't delete any of the Octodad* files.
Just a Turret Aug 5, 2014 @ 11:25am 
Oh, so that's it. I went to this folder, tried to open a .fev file and realized what was wrong. FMOD doesn't understand cyrillic letters that was in my profile name. I have changed it to name with latin letters only and now it work! Thanks!
Luthyr  [developer] 10 Aug 5, 2014 @ 12:36pm 
Ah, I'll look into fixing that on our side.

EDIT: A quick check makes it look like it's not supported by FMOD...
Last edited by Luthyr; Aug 5, 2014 @ 12:42pm
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50