Steam Greenlight
Cats Aug 2, 2014 @ 9:56am
What's the magic formula?
I've never tried to greenlight a title, so I'm not some dev complaining or anything, but I'm really curious what it takes to have a game greenlight.

I'm primarily interested because, as I've began to follow greenlight, a few games I've really liked haven't been greenlit. Obviously I'm not thinking just because I like a game, it should be greenlit. I just figured the titles I was following met most of the criteria to make a successful campaign.

The couple titles I'm thinking of are both fully released games, very well polished, and as far as I'm aware, they were in the top 50 for the past couple batches, yet they have failed to get greenlit.

Not that it has any bearing on me directly, but what does it take to get a game greenlit, other than having a great looking/playable game with enough yes votes? Does time matter? I'm pretty sure I've seen titles start a greenlight campaign, and then immediately get greenlit on the next batch, but maybe they were just super popular? Can anyone elaborate on the process for me?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2014 @ 9:56am