Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
noFaL Aug 1 @ 1:00am
Do you have to change game code to integrate with Steam?
Theres a pretty awesome RTS City Builder / Conquer game .. Its free to play, and I think it would do amazing on steam. However after talking to the devs, they were iffy on it due to having to change everything up for steam. The game is amazing after the learning curve, and as a free to play title on steam I would love to have it in my library.
Last edited by Tito Shivan; Aug 2 @ 3:58pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Aug 1 @ 1:00am 
No. No they do not.
noFaL Aug 1 @ 1:00am 
So sad to see such great games like this, and no one know about them.
noFaL Aug 1 @ 1:01am 
Thanks Graeme..been a huge help
Black Blade Aug 1 @ 3:32am 
No they will not need to change every thing to get into Steam that is some part the good thing abut Steam even more if they do not set the DRM part into it
They may need to change some things to set the Achievements or add some code for the over-lay and stuff but over all not much will change
Mr.Nigga Aug 1 @ 5:01am 
No
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 1 @ 5:33am 
Originally posted by Black Blade:
They may need to change some things to set the Achievements or add some code for the over-lay and stuff but over all not much will change
They will need to add code, not sure if they will need to change any code.
If they are not using C++ or whichever language the Steam API is using they will probably need to make some DLLs (I'm not sure. Ask AusSkiller for more info) to tie the Steam intergration together.
Black Blade Aug 1 @ 5:40am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
They will need to add code, not sure if they will need to change any code.
If they are not using C++ or whichever language the Steam API is using they will probably need to make some DLLs (I'm not sure. Ask AusSkiller for more info) to tie the Steam intergration together.
Well you sure put it much more clear then me

I was meaning they may need to change, as more like add inside there original code for achievements and so on, or Steam clude
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50