Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
This topic has been locked
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 9:33am
Spamming?
Ok so I have changed this post and it is now more of a conversation...
Below are the comments I got when I posted this》

Hi

Im James i'm 14 and i recently put my game/concept up on steam greenlights concepts, having already released a game on the app store (Alien Annihilation) i am going one step further and making a pc game. Lines is a 2d top down space arcade racing game with a unique twist.

The comment s have helped me and I have learnt not to spam and how helpful/unhelpful some people on forms are. Post your thoughts below!

I acknowledge that advertising on the forms is not the best but I have now learnt much more from this... Mabye that was my idea all along. What I am trying to get across in my defence is how against people are aginst giving some construcive critisim and nicely saying advertising is against forum rules. At least thats what I would do...

I'm not saying this forum but mainly any forum in general, people need to be nicer to each other.
Last edited by James; Aug 1, 2014 @ 7:01am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
C0untzer0 Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:30am 
Spam isn't great!
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:39am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Spam isn't great!
Sorry i know people don't like people advertising but i just want people to see the concept, i don't know how likely they are to see it on the steam concept page, that's all. I don't have much of a follower base so any feedback i can get means a great deal.
C0untzer0 Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:43am 
Originally posted by jimbo340:
Sorry i know people don't like people advertising but i just want people to see the concept,
And so you decide to do something people don't like in order to get their attention? You don't see the flaw there?

i don't know how likely they are to see it on the steam concept page, that's all.
Now they're going to see it, but they're already going to dislike it.

I don't have much of a follower base so any feedback i can get means a great deal.
And to build one, you choose to spam and thereby alienate the few people who were going to see it?

They don't teach those moves, kid.
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:55am 
Sorry i know people don't like people advertising but i just want people to see the concept,
And so you decide to do something people don't like in order to get their attention? You don't see the flaw there?

i don't know how likely they are to see it on the steam concept page, that's all.
Now they're going to see it, but they're already going to dislike it.

I don't have much of a follower base so any feedback i can get means a great deal.
And to build one, you choose to spam and thereby alienate the few people who were going to see it?

They don't teach those moves, kid.

Ok what would you suggest me to do then?
C0untzer0 Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:57am 
Maybe find somewhere else to tell people about your game?
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:58am 

If i new of somewhere i would
C0untzer0 Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:00am 
Then you're just not ready for this. Accept it, move on and develop.
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:01am 

I haven't really found a place to date who like people advertising but i though i might as well try here because its the greenlight forums/discussion area.
C0untzer0 Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:09am 
That's right, it's not the "Spam" area. There are 3000 people with projects on Greenlight who didn't see the need to push their product in a counterproductive way.
Last edited by C0untzer0; Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:09am
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:14am 
Then you're just not ready for this. Accept it, move on and develop.

I accept that you don't seem to like this idea, mabye its just because of the advertising on the forum (which is related to the thing i am advertising) or is it because you don't think someone as young as me should be developing a game but this whole thing is a learning experience. I am developing from doing this on the forums to programming a game. I want to take it one step further and have people know what my games are. My FREE game on the app store ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alien-annihilation/id682698237?mt=8 ) on had 1,000 downloads. I don't care about money ect I just want to make fun games.
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:17am 
That's right, it's not the "Spam" area. There are 3000 people with projects on Greenlight who didn't see the need to push their product in a counterproductive way.
I know and i understand now thanks to you that is was probably not best to advertise, :) but i read the rules and i did't see anything wrong with the kind of advertising i am doing BUT as you said i needed to develop and i am. I will not do it again. My game will have to survive on it's own.
Skoardy Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:36am 
is it because you don't think someone as young as me should be developing a game
No offence but like I said on your page, if you don't keep mentioning it, you won't need to keep acting like people are treating you differently because of it. Yet it's still the first thing you mentioned in your spam here and the first thing you mention on your page. You can't have it both ways.
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
i though i might as well try here because its the greenlight forums/discussion area.
Which is why it is utterly redundant and a bad idea.

Contemplate for a moment what would happen here if everyone in the concept area (or in greenlight proper for that matter) decided to post in the forum about their greenlight page.. can you imagine the chaos and mess that would create?

PS: advertising is against the forum rules/policy.
Chances are this thread is goign to get locked by a mod for breaking the rules. Possibly even deleted.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jul 31, 2014 @ 1:20pm
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 4:06pm 
@Skoardy Ok thanks for your feedback, I have learnt not to spam and that I know now but this is the first time I have posted on steam greenlight and some people have given reletivly helpful remarks and some this post because its considerd spam. Im not saying it was you, you have been helpful although I changed what I said on the greenlight page. I just want to make games for people to enjoy!
James Jul 31, 2014 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
i though i might as well try here because its the greenlight forums/discussion area.
Which is why it is utterly redundant and a bad idea.

Contemplate for a moment what would happen here if everyone in the concept area (or in greenlight proper for that matter) decided to post in the forum about their greenlight page.. can you imagine the chaos and mess that would create?

PS: advertising is against the forum rules/policy.
Chances are this thread is goign to get locked by a mod for breaking the rules. Possibly even deleted.

I know advertising is against most forums policy but I read the discusion rules and didnt see anything and anyway I feel as if this disscusion has changed into a why you dont spam on forums and how to build character. Im rather enjoying this arguing.

It woukd be good if there was somesort of forum that you could post concepts ect too it is hard to navigate the steam grennlight area and see short discriptions a main reason for me to put it here so it would be easier for people to see it and find out about my ideas. I just want to make fun games not for people to rage.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 31, 2014 @ 9:33am