Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
RE: Greenlight Campaigns, when should we start our campaign?
Folks,

I just wanted to know when was the best time to put this game up on steam greenlight. I have a game called Sol Avenger I've been working on with my team at www.quantumforgegames.com for over 6 months. The game is still under development and we plan on starting our Kickstarter campaign to boost the funds we have available to build the game with. We will be starting this Kickstarter campaign inside of one month. I often wonder if we should launch the greenlight campaign at the same time but I'm not sure whether the game should be fully complete before we move forward with greenlight or not...

Should I wait for Sol Avenger to be completed before I start a Steam Greenlight campaign or should I start one immediately?

Is there a downfall to starting your campaign too early?

Should the Kickstarter campaign coincide with the greenlight campaign?

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by Andre@QuantumForgeGames.com; Jul 31 @ 3:05am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Jul 31 @ 1:47am 
Kickstarter should coincide with development. Connect the pages, each kickstarter view is a potential greenlight view and vice versa.
You want a time in which there is money in the hands of the backers- today is a reasonable time as peoples wallets havn't been touched by Christmas yet, and they have been replenished since the summer sale.
C0untzer0 Jul 31 @ 1:59am 
Originally posted by Graeme- Coarse Gentleman:
You want a time in which there is money in the hands of the backers- today is a reasonable time as peoples wallets havn't been touched by Christmas yet, and they have been replenished since the summer sale.
Unless they have kids, summer holidays can be expensive, not least in time off work.
Andre@QuantumForgeGames.com Jul 31 @ 2:50am 
I thought that presenting a more complete game was the key to Greenlight success and at the same time agree that linking both campaigns to one another could improve their performance.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 31 @ 1:41am