Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
August 5 - Rico
As a thank you for your continued patience, I figured I'd post up a quick little GIF of what Rebirth currently looks like ingame outdoors :-)
What do you think? Like it?
July 29 - Rico
So Supercon was pretty crazy. We saw a few thousand people and got a lot of new fans along the way. People finally got to play Rebirth for the first time and we collected some great feedback and spotted some issues along the way (like performance, major bugs, etc).
I know I've sucked about keeping the media up to date. Trust me, this is on my mind a lot these days. However, do remember that every day I forget to add new media, is a day I'm spending working furiously on the game instead ;-)
To give you an idea of what I've managed to tackle this month, here's a short list that's totally not inclusive of everything I've actually done, just some highlights!
July Additions/Fixes/Work Done
- Demoed Rebirth for 4 days at Florida Supercon
- Those same 4 days, created a new game mode "Survival Mode" which is more action packed than our initial demo so people could play for a few minutes and see more of the game
- Discovered some terrible issues with AI which were slowing FPS to a crawl
- Created a new AI director system which turns AI on/off as well as increases/decreases AI thinking speed based on distance to the player
- Loot collected is now randomly distributed along inventory (it used to stack all in one corner, annoyingly)
- Added UI hints for interactive objects
- Created music director system which dynamically changes music based on world events
- Created Electric Generators and Power system. Allows players to power generators using gasoline, turn them on/off at will. Items attached to generator are marked as "powered" and can be turned on and off. Currently the main item you can attach is a Flood Light for... important purposes. Would love to hear ideas about other electric things you'd like to be able to attach!
- Added Wolves to the world
- Created our demo outdoor sandbox map
August TO DO
- Create terrain/area culling system to increase performance (targetting 60 fps)
- Add IK to enemies to make melee hits more satisfying
- Add enemy/dead body looting and loot tables
- RPG elements pass (will detail this out later!)
- Add more ranged weapons
- Add weapon randomization system (more details later!)
- Add traps to crafting system
- Add deeper survival mechanics
- Start on media for Kickstarter campaign!
As you can see, it's quite the full plate but I'm hoping to get a lot of that done. I'm putting a heavy emphasis on getting the current demo map as playable as possible so we can provide Kickstarter backers with instant Alpha access. Once we have the demo nice and playable and FUN we'll start releasing media like crazy and answering all the questions you probably have about the features and enemies we've been so tight-lipped about.
So please, hang on a little longer, I swear there's a ton of info and content coming your way very soon!
June 24 - Rico
So we have been toiling away incredibly hard this last month or two. As a result I'm happy to announce that you'll be able to get your first hands on look at Rebirth at Florida Supercon in a few weeks!
Florida Supercon, July 3 - 7
We will be there demoing a very very very early and rough version of Rebirth with a lot of the new systems and features we haven't shown yet. Some features will be more polished than others, others will probably be missing at that point. However, we feel like we have enough cool stuff to show to make it worth your while. Plus, the event takes place right at our doorstep for once.
So I'd like to invite you all to come and see us if you can. I'll be there at the booth all weekend, so chat me up, ask questions, request features, anything! In fact, if possible, I may be doing some LIVE development at the booth the entire time as people play the game. So who knows, if you show up and ask for a feature, you may be able to see it get implemented right in front of you :-)
After Supercon we'll be putting out a wave of media to wet your appetites as we finally unveil some of the bigger systems and additions to Rebirth that we've been keeping secret in the last year...
May 3 - Rico
I know what you're thinking. "Hey this game got greenlit last year and we haven't heard much since. What the heck??! Dead!"
So very far from the truth.
I have been toiling away at the game as always on my off time from work. This is a labor of love and I'm doing my best at making a game both you all and I will love. As a token of proof I am still alive, I'm uploading a nice new screenshot that hints at some of our new systems in the game... Let's just say you'll be able to see how much SIlent Hill has inspired me in our work. There's quite a lot we will explain about the game soon, but we want to make sure everything is in place before we make some really big announcements.
We're working on a demo, a demo we can take to places to have people play, with their hands, and eyes, and such. We'd like to be at PAX Prime this year so we can see your smiling faces, we'll see if we can get this all ready by then.
We're also working on a new trailer that will showcase all the new features as well as show you all the new and updated art that has gone into the game. This is a horror game after all, and art is important.
The story has also been fleshed out quite a bit. You all are in for a treat soon!
We're also exploring the possibility of crowdfunding so we can get some people to help us do sound and character design/art. It's not really about making money with this idea, it's more about getting the game done faster since my funds are very limited so being able to pay folks to make us art will increase the quality and the speed at which we can get things done.
I encourage you all to check out our official website, or follow me on twitter if you want to make sure I'm alive. You can also find some free gamejam games on our site, one of which is a procedurally generated horror game made in 2 days.
Until the next teaser...
September 5, 2013 - Rico
Because you are awesome people, I slaved over my desk/lair this week and composed this video with my super amazing programmer art skills.