This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
The Age of Decadence
November 14 - Elhoim
We’re proud to offer you the first two chapters (roughly 60% of the game) and send you on an exciting (hopefully) and one of a kind adventure.
The first two chapters have all the features of the full game and give you:
- 10 locations: two towns where all the scheming, plotting, and back-stabbing take place, raiders’ camps, an ancient tomb, a tower of the Magi in a ruined city, the Abyss, which claimed many lives, a mountain pass protecting the southern towns from the barbarians of the wastes, and more.
- Over 100 hand-crafted fights (no filler combat), 130 if you count all variations
- Over 70 quests with multiple solutions, choices, and consequences
- over 100 characters you can talk to
- Over 350,000 words of dialogue (that would be a 1,300-page book)
- 6 mutually-exclusive questlines
- 40 different weapons, 15 different armor sets, dozens of other items (alchemical reagents, crafting components, artefacts, scrolls, throwing nets, etc)
- A lot of death screens
It’s a challenging (no, really), turn-based game with a lot of text. Its design is influenced by RPGs your grandpa used to play, where dying a lot was half the fun and the only way to learn. If you aren’t sure if this game is for you, try the demo first.
Keep in mind that even though the content is done, we’re committed to quality and will continue improving balance, optimization, and quests (based on your feedback).
We need 4-5 months to finish the third and final chapter of the game (we’re planning to start the beta test in April 2014) and your support and suggestions will help us deliver a quality RPG. Should you have any questions or suggestions, please visit our forums at http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum
September 30 - Elhoim
News from the front:
- The testing goes well and so far we’re on schedule for the mid-October release. Naturally, there’s still work to be done and issues to resolve, but all the major problems have been fixed. Still, we want to be sure, so if you want to lend to hand and test the upcoming release, please report to the nearest recruiting station.
- At the moment, we’re working on ‘Teron to Maadoran’ transition issues at the moment, fixing issues created by the switch to 1-10 system, and finishing up the pass and the tower.
- Oscar’s also tweaking the fight with the Ordu at the pass, adding various states and variables. Maybe you weakened the Ordu, maybe you just pissed them off and they came in great numbers, huffing and puffing. Maybe you managed to boost the defenses, skills, and equipment of the defenders. And finally, if you go for the Ordu’s leaders and manage to kill them first, their men will be demoralized and suffer combat penalties. Of course, fighting the leaders when they are surrounded by their men is a risky business – they pack quite a punch and are surrounded by their men. Shaping up like a fun fight.
- Nick's almost done with the system changes, Ivan's putting on finishing touches on the demon's animations, which underwent several rounds of revisions, Mazin continues making cool concepts and icons:
- I added two gangs to the Slums, another character to the pass, "expanded" a couple of characters, wrote faction and personal endings, and now I'm working on death descriptions to commemorate your failures.
So, we're doing our very best to deliver quality RPG entertainment in the very near future and your continuous support is much appreciated.
You can check some new screens at our forums:
June 30 - Elhoim
We have been working very hard on the game on the past few months, and we are very proud of the progress we have been making on all fronts: Technical, gameplay and artistic. Here are the past updates we posted:
March Update: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3257.0.html
April Update: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3291.0.html
May Update: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3330.0.html
June Update: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3347.0.html
Thanks everyone for your support!
January 8 - Elhoim
A Russian version of the Age of Decadence beta has been released. We'd like to thank the Russian gaming community who got together and translated the demo that was released earlier. It was a huge project as the demo has a lot of text and dialogues, and it took them 9 months to translate it all.
We are humbled and very, very grateful for their effort to bring the demo to people who wouldn’t be able to play it otherwise. Their hard work is a stamp of approval and we’d like to thank everyone who was a
part of that project. We hope your countrymen will appreciate your effort.
Without further ado, this is the link to the latest version:
This is the Russian patch that magically changes everything to Russian:
So, if you happened to speak Russian or perhaps want to learn it
because that’s the language Lenin spoke, apply the patch and enjoy
Thank you again, guys.
December 6, 2012 - Elhoim
An update to the R3 version of the game, that fixes the problem with the liquid fire particles and the issue with body count not being counted for characters killed in combat. Also includes the R3.1 fixes to the AG and IG questlines bugs. Get it from here: