Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
June 25, 2013 - Aaron Foster
March 27, 2013 - Aaron Foster
It’s been a while since our last update, I think the best way to simplify this post I will do my best to answer a few common questions.
• Q: Where is the gameplay trailer? you said it would be done weeks ago!
• A: We have had to change what we are actually showing, we feel there is a fine line that we don’t want to cross, showing too much of a certain thing could really spoil the surprise when playing it for the first time yourself and obviously we don’t want to show too little! The gameplay trailer just needs a few more tweaks and additions, hopefully it will be done shortly after GDC as our hands are a bit tied until then.
• Q: What will actually be shown in the gameplay trailer?
• A: The gameplay trailer will focus more on Atmosphere and exploration with a tiny bit of enemy interaction, most of the gameplay trailer will be based in the public sector as it is one of the more complete areas that we have.
• Q: Is the game really going to be released in April?!
• A: Most probably not, when we wrote that date it was based on a very cut down small project, but since then the game has really developed into something that resembles a more complete experience. Right now I don’t want to speculate on the release date but let’s just say that it is still set to release in 2013, Sorry guys!
• Q: Early Alpha Access on Steam?
• A: Short answer is no, having early beta/alpha access to Routine just doesn’t work in our opinion, first experience and play through is so important!
• Q: Oculus Rift compatible?!
• A: Absolutely! Oculus recently announced its support for UDK!
Again, we are extremely sorry for the slow progress, we are honestly working as hard as we can without completely burning ourselves out. Thank you for all of the support so far guys and I know this won’t make up for it but here is a Wallpaper and a piece of concept art from the Hydroponics section of the game!
December 19, 2012 - Aaron Foster
This is the second QnA video there will be 2 more coming soon! Sorry again for the quality! :(
• QnA - 02
Thanks again for the questions and overwhelming support!
December 17, 2012 - Aaron Foster
Here is our first QnA video! there should be another 3 of these coming soon, I am really sorry about the Audio/Video quality and after this batch of videos we will try and figure out a better solution the next time we record anything.
• QnA - 01
Thanks again for all of the awesome questions! there are a few we didn’t get a chance to reply to as they were asked after we did the video, but the next time we record a video I will make sure we answer those first!
December 1, 2012 - Aaron Foster
Sorry for the radio silence over the last few months, Some of this is due to great news and some not so great! Jemma has been quite ill over the last few weeks that really took its toll on us, but she is back now and stronger than ever!
The reason we mention funding is because at this stage it is something we are looking at to speed up development by hiring a few freelancers, but it will also mean we can push the game a bit more and make Routine a better experience overall. Indie Fund will be our primary goal as we really appreciate the advice and expertise those guys could bring to the table it would also save us a lot of time as opposed to Kickstarter which would be our second goal if Indie Fund doesn't like us ;(
Mick (our Audio Director) also did a talk about Routine at this year's GCAP, there is no recording of the talk but it was a great experience and the game went down very well! (Thanks to Mick)
I guess I will start with thanking everyone that voted for us on Steam Greenlight, we were among the first 10 games to get greenlit and it is honestly thanks to you guys! Now we just need to finish the game! :)
And for everyone who would prefer a DRM free release we are currently in the talks with GOG.com as we are huge fans of what those guys are doing with distribution and their games catalogue, once we know more we will let you know!
Some more great news is also that we have moved into a flat together and are using the front room as our studio! so Development will be running a lot smoother from now on!
We have also been getting a huge response from the community and tons of great coverage, there have been a few bits of Routine inspired Art/Music! and I want to point out this AMAZING track made by Voyce from www.thegamernerdz.com
• Music Inspired by Routine
They also did an audio interview with us a few weeks before that.
• Gamernerdz Interview
As for coverage here are a few articles that really stood out!
• THE VERGE
• BRITISH INDIE
• GAMER SYNDROME
• SINGULARITY UNIVERSE
Our next goal will be finishing off our Vertical slice then getting in contact with Indie Fund and releasing a Gameplay trailer! Initially we wanted to have this done during November but due to all the setbacks we are aiming to have it done before Christmas!
Thanks for all of the support, we honestly appreciate it all! We will try and keep a more regular update going from now on!