STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
New Beta and Demo Builds: Hacking and Switchable Items
September 11, 2013 - Daniel@BlueBottleGames
I've just finished uploading new beta build 0.977b and demo build 0.977d. The beta includes the new hacking toys and items that can manually switch on/off, and both builds include quite a few fixes and UI tweaks.
Updates Included in Both Beta and Demo
Both the beta and demo include the following fixes:
- Added a button to the message window to make it expand/collapse based on user-click, rather than mouseover.
- Added pop-up text to battle UI's previous move icons.
- Added code to alert player when items being stolen by AI in their sleep.
- Added code to allow item access in battle when behind cover, even if enemy has loaded, ranged weapon.
- Added code to degrade items used in encounters. bd
- Changed encumbrance penalties on starvation, feeble, dehydration, and blood loss so players could still move if 2 or less are applied at any one time.
- Changed "Long shaft" ingredient to "Large shaft" for consistent terminology.
- Changed the way AI wounds are tracked to optimize memory.
- Changed infected water to mostly be safe, sometimes produce gastroenteritis, and rarely produce cholera.
- Removed auto-turn-advance when player unconscious in battle. (Possible cause of endless turns).
- Fixed minimap zoom when switching resolutions.
- Fixed destroy hotkey for cursor modes to match tooltip.
- Fixed a null pointer bug in accessing creature's current attack mode when that mode no longer exists.
- Fixed bug where items would be picked up when switching screens via mouseclick.
- Fixed a bug that caused non-degradable items to degrade when spawned as components of a treasure item (e.g. screws, string).
- Fixed a bug that caused items to disappear if user tried to exit items screen while dragging item.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect number of charges to be removed when in stacks.
- Fixed item stack counter to not overlap adjacent items.
- Fixed a bug that caused some conditions to reference out-of-index values in an array when transitioning to next condition in a chain.
One of the big changes here is to the UI. The message window no longer flies open when moused over. Instead, clicking inside the window will both open and close it, so it doesn't get in the way while mousing over things. Also, the battle UI now has tool-tips for the combatants' previous move icons.
Another big change is the removal of auto-turn-advance, which kicked in when the player was unconscious in battle for 3 or more turns in a row. I'm not certain that this caused the "endless turns" bug, but it's possible. And since AI now tends to loot the player or quickly finish them, this feature seems redundant for the risk.
The encumbrance changes should be a welcome sight to those who choose the "feeble" trait frequently, and being able to access items while in cover should be important to "ranged" fighters.
Updates to the Beta Only
In addition to the above changes, the beta has the following updates:
Hacker toys and paydata!
- Added laptop, smartphone, cellphone, iSlab, and their respective batteries to game.
- Added lamp modes to smartphone and iSlab.
- Added hacking software for each device type.
- Added data files that can be found in any hardware.
- Added device-hacking encounters accessible via laptop context menu.
- Added random unlocked, empty hardware, chance of batteries, and software to junk store.
- Added memory stick item for carrying software and data outside of hardware.
- Changed flashlight and night vision goggles to have manual on/off states via context menu.
- Changed sling to only accept pebbles and stones as ammo.
- Fixed a bug that caused player stats to be doubly-affected by some conditions when loading a save game.
- Fixed a bug that caused sleep to interfere with loading a save game.
- Fixed a bug that allowed player to have abandoned car encounter while unconscious.
Beta players can now find various hardware items in the game, which have random data inside. Most of the time, however, that data is locked away. Hackers, using appropriate software with their laptop, can crack these devices to get at this data. And the data can include a bit of history, humor, and in rare cases, information worth money at the junk store.
Some of these devices can also be used as tools in the field, such as lamps and GPS software on smartphones and iSlabs. In all cases, though, these devices will need appropriate batteries and charges to operate. To access special features of these new items, right-click the item and choose the desired operation.
With these new changes, flashlights and goggles have also been updated to take advantage of the right-click menu. Now, they can be switched on and off manually, instead of automatically when equipped.
There were also quite a few major bugs fixed in this version, especially having to do with loading of save games.
Overall, both builds should represent a more stable experience, with improved usability. And hopefully, the new toys in the beta were worth waiting for!
As usual, let me know on the forums if there are any issues using the new builds.