Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
New Beta and Demo Builds: Game Balancing, Bug Fixes, and Optimization
July 23 - Daniel@BlueBottleGames
I've just finished uploading new beta (0.974b) and demo (0.974d) builds to bluebottlegames.com. This update is largely a collection of bug fixes, optimizations, and balancing.
Updates to both the Beta and Demo
Both the beta and demo versions have quite a few changes and fixes, including:
- Added version info to loading screen.
- Added code to make Stretch mode fill screen while in 800x450 mode.
- Added code to make recipes prefer cheaper ingredients first when manually executing, instead of just during quick recipes.
- Added small chance of random ammo to scavenge locations that had weapons but no ammo.
- Added code to make game restore resolution prefs on launch if using downloaded version or 1360 or lower.
- Added code to make encounters discharge items when used and appropriate.
- Added code to restrict encounter options from being chosen if required item is uncharged.
- Changed lure maneuver to be more useful and reliable.
- Changed create obstacle maneuver to be more useful and reliable.
- Changed crowbar attack to be more effective.
- Changed all scavenge encounter to accommodate night vision and light source ingredients, instead of items.
- Changed Allegan encounter to use ingredients where possible.
- Changed Isotope mine to use ingredients for dark cistern where appropriate.
- Changed Radiation Bob heal to use medkit-only with charges, rather than multiple items.
- Changed some code to improve performance and memory usage.
- Changed items to not be flagged as degradable if their degrade per use is 1.0 (e.g. water).
- Changed crafting to always produce 100% condition items if those items shouldn't normally degrade (e.g. ashes).
- Changed recipes and degraded versions of items with chance of ammo to be empty.
- Changed battle screen to use identified weapon names if appropriate for player, instead of always using unidentified names.
- Changed forest shack loot to always have at least one tool, instead of forest junk.
- Changed chances of scavenge accident in forest with botany to be lower.
- Fixed several recipes that were reversing into subcomponents instead of the items used to make them.
- Fixed a bug that caused camp items to leave conditions stuck on player after saving/loading.
- Fixed a bug that caused battles resulting from scavenges to only show one creature at first, even if more are there.
- Fixed a bug that would cause scavenge encounter to end without delivering any results.
- Fixed a bug that caused quick recipes to break.
- Fixed a bug that caused camp stats to update incorrectly when any camp had items added/removed.
- Fixed bug that caused fullscreen to exit when starting or continuing a game from the title screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused boots to appear on wrong feet when switching resolutions.
- Fixed bug that allowed shopping cart basket to be stored inside backpacks and other items.
- Fixed a bug that caused take/drop of camps to fade out unsocketed camp.
- Fixed a bug in the way AI switches attack modes, causing item to be in two slots simultaneously.
- Fixed a typo in the forest shack that caused giant piles of ammo to show up sometimes.
- Fixed inventory screen to hide inaccessible storage areas (e.g. hoodie pocket under tunic).
- Fixed a bug that caused reverse noise trap to sometimes contain soup.
After an exhausting day of smashing bandits with stones from a sling.
Updates to the Beta
In addition to the above shared changes, the beta has the following updates:
- Added paper scrap item to game.
- Added recipe for paper scraps from newspaper.
- Added guaranteed random ammo item to store each day.
- Added light source option in hidden lake basement.
- Added penalty for using cart basket as vehicle.
- Changed spear and arrow recipes to require springy/flexible properties, so wrenches and crowbars won't work.
- Changed forest resource loot to only have 1 large branch, instead of 3.
- Changed box cart and shopping cart items to fit inside crafting window.
- Changed shopping cart basket to only fit in vehicle slot (was causing UI overlap in hands).
- Changed sharpened and hardened spear recipes to be non-reversible.
- Changed all firearms to use strap wording instead of sling, to avoid ID exploit and confusion.
- Fixed boxcart degrade loot to use small strings instead of medium, to match recipe.
- Fixed greenwood bow recipe to produce greenwood bow instead of compound bow.
- Fixed a bug that caused quick recipes to be randomized after a save/load.
- Fixed a bug that produced soup outside of container in encounter reward.
- Fixed broken compound bow w/strap recipe.
- Fixed a bug that caused hiding and friendly greeting to abort isotope mine prematurely.
- Fixed typo in shotgun with sling recipe title.
- Fixed a bug that caused thrown weapons to report wrong attack mode when used.
- Fixed a bug that caused attack mode to change when weapon is thrown, but charges are still left.
Overall, the above changes (to both beta and demo) should make things quite a bit more reliable. We should see less crashes, fewer weird behaviors, and with any luck, even some performance improvements! Plus, quite a few content bugs should be fixed now, making recipes and encounters a bit better.
As always, I look forward to hearing any feedback you might have on the latest build. Enjoy!