STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Mort The Intern
Unity Version Up on Desura
January 14, 2013 - mitDebo
The beginnings of the reworked Unity version of Mort is now available on Desura. Now, when you launch the game, you should be given the choice of playing the original XNA version of the game, or selecting the Unity version. If you do not see this, you'll need to delete and then reinstall the game for the changes to take effect (sorry about that!)
So, what's new in this version?
From a gameplay perspective, not a whole lot unfortunately. Instead, this release focused a lot on behind the scenes stuff that while useful, doesn't really result in a lot of new content for you, the player. However, the changes include:
- Ability to choose your own screen resolution, and to change between full screen and windowed mode. Non-16:9 resolutions will be letterboxed to 16:9, since the design of the levels depend on that resolution.
- Remapping of keys. Don't want to use X to jump? Simply remap it!
- Gamepad support. Play a platformer the way it's meant to be played: with controller in hand.
- Adjust music and sound effect volumes
- Adjust text scroll speed (though this version of the game has no text to see yet)
This update isn't completely void of content, however. If you grab a wall in the game, you'll notice a new wall slide animation:
You'll also a new character, one of the many people you'll be meeting on your journey:
Hope you enjoy the new stuff, and I look forward to start showing off the level editor soon!