Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Like sandbox Sci-Fi games?
November 29, 2012 - LumberingTroll
My good friends at Handyman Studio are working hard on their game Edge of Space and they could use a little help on their Greenlgiht!
What is Edge of Space
Edge of Space is a 2D survival, exploration, terraforming, crafting, and building game. It places you in a dynamic open-world sandbox where you must build, create, mold, and work to survive in the deepest, darkest, weirdest, and possibly most interesting part of the "un-known" universe. The world itself is alive, and working against you. You can't let your guard down, or everything you've worked for will be lost!
- An open-world, dynamically-generated sandbox: A different environment created with every world creation.
- Reactive environment: Events, Terraforming, and other activities will cause the world to change and respond.
- Exciting multiplayer gameplay built from the ground up: From day one the game has been built with the framework of multiplayer to ensure playing with your friends is not a frustrating experience.
- Fast paced combat and intense action: You'll do more than just sit, jump, and shoot stuff! Dodging, healing, flying, setting traps, and thinking quick on your feet will keep you alive.
- Vaulted server-stored characters and open servers that allow you to bring in characters: one of the great multiplayer support options offered.
- Deep exploration elements: Seek out rare recipes, find lost technology, and change the world to suit your needs and the ultimate goal to dominate it.
- Vehicles, including Mechs and more: Travel, or death machine? You will choose vehicles that best suit your needs as you tackle the challenges ahead.
- Loads of armors, weapons, and variations of each: Self-explanatory, but if you want gear, we got it! Unique weapons like (co-op weapons: 2 weapons when used in conjunction create special effects.)
- Hordes of enemies and epic bosses: Enemies that have unique attack patterns and different vulnerabilities to exploit. One weapon will not rule them all!
- Unique Crafting and tons of things to craft: Our crafting system is one that operates quite different from the crafting systems of other sandbox like games.
- Unique Power Grid system: A streamlined system that offers flexibility and ease of use but does not sacrifice the complex applications for it.
- Integrated IRC chat client: The ability to talk to your friends in other games, freedom to talk to those who are not playing with you, or to be in your own privet world chat only.
- Mega modding support for creation of items, tools, weapons, creatures, and events after release: We come from a strong mod background, and plan to offer a lot of support for those who love to mod, and tools for those new to modding.
They have done some amazing work and I really like what I see. Edge of Space has its own Greenlight Page, check it out and give them your support!