STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
This item has been removed from the community because it violates Steam Community & Content Guidelines. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been removed by mistake, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Rodas Cross is now a SUPER NES game!
March 12 - Kaffeeware
Rodas Cross has been converted from a GBA title to a SNES game!
Why? You ask?
1. Increased resolution:No more 240x160 cropped resolution from the GBA. The new resolution will be 256x244. The standard resolution for the SNES.
2. Increased party member capacity:The increased resolution brings an unique positive side effect: 3 character party in now possible! Just like in Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3!
A 3 party member game was difficult in the GBA, mainly because of screen HUD space, and because game action will get "too crammed" in the tiny screen.
3. Multiplayer:Now a multiplayer game is a possibility! All the initial tests had been successful in this regard.
4. More buttons:More buttons allow for better input options. For example, now there could be a dedicated "run button" (which addresses the "this game seems slow" issue some had with the initial pitch).
5. It's what I always wanted to do:I always had in mind the SNES hardware and games when creating Rodas Cross. At the time for me the GBA was the most accessible retro console to program for. Things changed as I became more comfortable with the 65816, the SNES main CPU language. Today creating a SNES game it's a reality, as I had managed to convert about 80% of the GBA engine and assets to SNES.
The rest is a matter of time.
Thank you for your time.
Some new screens from the game running in bsnes.
[/img] [img] https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/930429696655243540/3598AFFBBDEBEE2F32EA24177A5E53FF371921AD/ [/img] [img] https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.
[/img] [img] https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.
Work in progress, of course.