This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
August 5, 2014 - Dinosaur Polo Club
Our store page is up! Check out Mini Metro (and the snazzy new trailer): http://store.steampowered.com/app/287980
We'll be releasing as an Early Access title on August 11th.
May 14, 2014 - Dinosaur Polo Club
Alpha12 is now up. It's a relatively minor change over alpha11, the main alteration being the inclusion of proper fullscreen support.
- Standalone builds have fullscreen support, and support for different window sizes. Resizing mid-game is not supported yet.
- A overcrowded station will be automatically upgraded to an interchange if one is available when it times out.
- To increase visibility, the station expiry timer now begins empty and fills up, rather than beginning full and emptying.
- The late game difficulty has been increased to prevent infinite games.
- The 'Post Feedback' button now points to the new discourse discussion board.
April 20, 2014 - Dinosaur Polo Club
After a long wait we put alpha9 live yesterday. We’ve changed direction on the upgrade system—we’re back to offering a semi-random selection every week. We feel the upgrades are now more balanced, but still not where we want them. We have a fairly clear idea on how we’re going to tackle this in alpha10.
Here is the list of changes between alpha8 and alpha9:
- Railcar capacity is now six passengers.
- Upgrades are offered at the end of every week, instead of when passenger milestones are reached.
- The clock has returned. Please note the pause functionality is still there—click on the clock, or press the spacebar.
- Instead of having a choice between three fixed upgrades, two semi-random upgrades are presented.
- The possible upgrades are railcar (same as before), railcar speed upgrade (all railcars increase in speed), platform upgrade (all stations increase in capacity), interchange (upgrade one station to hold 18 passengers, and load / unload at 4x speed), extra tunnels (two extra tunnels).
- The upgrade dialog will wait until the player has finished building tracks or placing an upgrade before showing.
- Lines can be edited from the middle by dragging any non-terminator line.
- Lines render differently when an unconnected station is on top of them.
- When a line is being edited, all stations that are part of that line are now highlighted.
- Extra railcars now start at the station nearest where the upgrade is dragged to and face the cursor.
- Lines can only ever have two railcars operating independently.
- Railcars now pause at stations if required to prevent bunching up.
- The window shrinks to fit small desktops.
- Passenger pathfinding now takes seat allocation in to account.
- Warnings now show up on overflowing stations.
- To aid debugging, each game is now recorded in a text file and can be played back at Dinosaur Polo Club HQ. If you hit a track editing bug, crash, or infinite loop, please email us the record file and a brief description of the problem!
- Bug: Terminator click detection was off in certain cases.
- Bug: If an upgrade is earned right when the game is over, the upgrade dialog now won’t show.
- Bug: Clicking on the upgrade buttons multiple times no longer awards multiple upgrades (only fixed in alpha9a!).
- Bug: Straight links should use tunnels more correctly.
- Bug: Missing line terminator issue fixed.
Today we plan on rolling out several fixes to the web player build, and finally updating the standalone builds when we’re happy with alpha9.
March 21, 2014 - Dinosaur Polo Club
Alpha8 is now live!
- The upgrades for lines and carriages have been rolled in to one asset, ‘railcars’.
- The line limit is now seven. New lines can be constructed within that limit as long as you have a spare railcar to put on them.
- Additional railcars put onto a line either travel independently as new trains or add to existing trains, depending on the length of the track (longer tracks support more independent trains). The railcars will reassign themselves as the line grows or shortens in length.
- Tunnels are back to being limited resources. London begins with three.
- Stations now hold six passengers each (twelve if upgraded).
- Railcars now hold four passengers each.
- Additional train types have been removed.
- Station upgrades reduce loading times.
- Tunnels are avoided by the line-placement algorithm where possible.
- Pressing space pauses & unpauses.
- The clock has been removed and replaced with a pause button.
- Lines must contain three or more stations to loop.
- Upgrades are now tied to passenger milestones, not awarded every week.
- Each milestone, the upgrade can be selected from any of the three available (railcar, station, tunnel).
- Added numbers to the upgrade icons to indicate how many of each are available.
- Capacity is now taken into account when pathfinding.
- Changed wording of line-crossing error message to "Lines can only cross at stations".
- Bug: Tunnels now show up on dangling lines with an error.
- Bug: Fixed rare crash when certain track configurations were completed.
There was something else ... oh yes of course, Mini Metro's been greenlit, yay! Thanks so much for your support.
March 11, 2014 - Dinosaur Polo Club
Alpha7 is now live! Changes are:
- Tunnels (bridges?) are no longer limited.
- Tunnels slow trains down as they’re moving through them.
- Pressing a key during the upgrade screen or the game over screen will toggle the dialog's visibility.
- Bug: Pathfinding better accounts for long loops.
- Bug: Released carriages now actually release themselves properly back into the upgrade pool.
- Bug: Straight lines no longer ignore intersections.
The big change is of course to the way tunnels work. We want them to still be a hindrance to your network, but not the hard limit they were previously.
The next alpha may take a while longer than normal. We have some big changes planned to how we handle upgrades and multiple cars on a line.