This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Gloria Victis - Realistic Medieval MMORPG: Non-targeted Combat, Sandbox Crafting, RvR Wars, Partial Loot PvP - Play Now!
August 29 - Jog
The past few months have been really busy for us. The hard work has resulted in finishing most of the basic/core systems. Thanks to that, we can focus more on improving the playability and development of the content included in the game. Only three weeks have passed since the last update and we are again ready to give you a significant number of new attractions and fixes.
To begin with, we would like to tell everyone a few words about the crafting system, (which thanks to your comments is now slightly improved)
The biggest changes can be observed in recipes, which were made from a scratch. In witch a greater focus on the balance of resources used, chances for success and required level of given craftsmanship, had to be observed.
The next change is the number of recipes, which has grown to around 500. That includes only recipes for weapons, armors and basic material required to craft them. Pretty soon we will add some more recipes for herbalism, alchemy and cooking.
Other changes will involve the crafts’ names and their division, thanks to that, recipes are now organized in a clearer, and more intuitive way.
The last change in this system, (and for some of you probably the most important), is the implementation of “provisional items”, which you will receive in case of crafting failure. If you fail to craft your dreamy item you are not left empty-handed. You will have a pretty fair chance of getting the same item of a lower quality, and getting back some of the used materials or item remains, which you can reuse later.
We have also worked on directional attacks. Thanks to the newest improvements, depending on the direction of an attack a weapon can give different effects, or cause different damage types. For example, an attack from above will cause more damage than other attacks, thrust can trigger a bleeding effect, attack from the left side can potentially interrupt enemy’s attack. All the mentioned above features will depend on a given weapon and it’s characteristics. This improvement will bring more tactics to the fight, and will highlight player’s skills. We also added two new systems the first one being buffs and debuffs and the other involves Ships, which can be used for sailing.
This feature may not make it into this particular patch, we want it right for you, BUT, if we have any doubts as to thier functionallity, they will have to wait for more focus upon them, before we would consider implementation.
Most players are probably familiar with buffs and debuffs systems, so it does not need any special introduction. We want to point out though, that it allows players a deeper interaction with the environment. For example, when your character stands near a campfire it will receive a small bonus to life and stamina regeneration. But when you stand too close to a fire you can burn yourself, when the exposure is long enough this can result in death. This system is a very powerful tool, which allows us to introduce many diversified elements of the gameplay. Things like surgical dressings to heal wounds, potions to enhance your character, poisons to apply to your weapon to make them more deadly, battle cries to affect both you allies and enemies and traps are only some of the possibilities offered by this system. Contrary to appearances, adding ships to the game content was a very complicated process. It required developing completely new solutions which would allow players to take control over objects and moving alongside them. These mechanics will allow you to board moving a ship, walk on its
deck or grab the rudder to direct it on a desired course. In the near future an option to attack and destroy other ships will be added.
The implemented solutions are universal enough to be successfully used also in other activities, among them are extracting raw materials, using workshops, steering wagons, riding horses and all actions that require a complicated interaction of characters and objects. Further development of this system and other systems connected to it in the future, will allow for erecting camps, building houses or fortifications and finally creating entire towns. When the solution needed for destroying ships will be fully developed, we will add also possibility to smash gates and other elements.
In the first instance we will give our sailors new islands to explore and a possibility to fight for control over them. Thanks to the diversity of precious materials these areas are going to be extremely important for both of the factions, as well as for guilds.
As you are going to fight for control over new territories we decided to give you some new weapons to use. We are at a phase of polishing models and animations for two-handed swords,( something often requested). We added also torches favoring playing during night time. They can be wielded in a left hand instead of a shield or in the right hand as a primary weapon.
Significant extensions can also be witnessed in the system of equipment sounds. Weapons are now divided into 15 types, each of which has its specific set of sounds. Thanks to that, every type of an weapon makes a different sound, which is additionally modified by the type of material it hits. All that resulted in over 500 new sounds required to support the entire available inventory.
In addition all of this, there is a long list of some smaller improvements, a list that turned out to be too long to publish without sending you to sleep. What is sure though is that the game will play much smoother offering you much more enjoyable experience. But what is much more we are getting closer and closer to the removal of NDA restrictions.
August 13 - Jog
- Reworked aiming system
– Increased arrow speed for test
– Fixed problem with arrow’s, Fired arrow's will now disappear over time.
- Added two new chat types: local and nation
– Adjusted weapons range
– Fixed bug allowing to dupe items using depot
– Removed “gliding mobs” effect when they appear near the player
– Fixed information about capturing the flag by enemy nation
– Fixed disappearing item icons after trying to equip items which are not part of character’s equipment
– Added bucket of water to vendor with recipes and materials
– Temporary reduced amount of materials required to craft a bowstring
– Added automatic logs, which will help to track and fix disappearing resources and workshops
August 9 - Jog
– Fixed disappearing terrains after respawn
– Added many improvements for controlled blocking issues
– Completely replaced collision detection system (for both melee and ranged weapon)
– Added information about capturing the flag by the certain nation
– Implemented new recipes for unique armors (they drop from bosses and their companions)
– Adjusted bosses and their companions’s drops (set new dropable items and increased drop chances for items)
– Changed bosses spawn time to spawn them alternately – every 4 hour’s a boss with companions will spawn in one nation at the time
– Temporary test, highly increased amount of experience points awarded in crafting processes
– Fixed saving experience after logging out. (exploit).
– Added a lot of fixes to guild system (guilds had to be wiped, please create them again)
– Added fixes to party system
– Blocked selling items from toolbar
– Fixed buying from shop while inventory is full –There is no need to restart the game to continue trade anymore.
– Optimalized map and minimap
– Added vignette effect
– Added a ton of particle effects
– Fixed sticking arrows into player character
– Fixed a lot of translations
– A lot of minor improvements
July 31 - Jog
It was a busy month for us. Aside from the large amount of improvements and adjustments made to the graphics quality of Gloria Victis, we have eliminated many bugs and improved game stability. Especially important here are the optimisation efforts of our programmers. Firstly, we highly reduced FPS drops; secondly, we also reduced system requirements. The game now works well even on machines with integrated graphics! We still have a lot of work to do, but this is a big step on our way towards lifting the NDA!
In our next update, planned for today, you will see new in-game terrains to capture – taking control over them will allow a nation to gather major resources. Soon, we are going to hold official large-scale PvP events, to which we invite all our players! For now we have some screens from yesterday's spontaneous Midlander attack on Mereley village. Though the invaders managed to enter the town, they were stopped and pushed back by the outnumbered Ismirs supported by the fort wardens. All the participants enjoyed the battle, and this gives us hope that the coming events will bring you even more fun!
You can find changelogs here: http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showthread.php?tid=5483
Also we have just launched our Team Speak 3 server. Gloria Victis players and everyone interested can now talk not only with each other, but also with the game developers. Feel invited!
Of course we also need to mention the changes made to the test map. The city of Dunfen was rebuilt and its surroundings were expanded by adding farmlands and the seashore (increasing the area available to the players by about 50%). What does it mean? You can now travel from Dunfen to Mereley by sea, so prepare to assault your enemy from the ships! For more information, visit the "What we are working on?" thread on our forums.
July 29 - Jog
Changelog v.0.0.6.9 Pre-Alpha
Bugfixes and adjustments:
- Fixed issues with stackable items in inventory
- Fixed issues with shield swapping
- Fixed trade bugs
- Fixed character leveling (points are correctly distributed)
- Fixed exp bar
- Changed statistic upgrade cost depending on statistic level ( <= 130 - 1 point, <= 170 -2 points, otherwise 3 points)
- Fixed various party system bugs
- Improved visuals for solar flares
- Directional attacks are more responsive
- Fixed various crafting bugs and exploits
- Fixed various bugs relating with looting chests
- Fixed crashes related to memory leak on some computer specifications causing crashes (Windows 8 for example)
- Changed timeout after disconnect into 300 seconds (It needs to be high due to Unity but time outing game after being alt tabbed/minimized)
- Decreased performance spikes
- Added keybindings for Crafting/Map/Jump
- Added options in main menu scene
- Fixed hovering mouse delay
- Adjusted the functionality of ‘~’, now you have to hold ‘~’ to block camera rotation instead of pressing ‘~’ to toggle camera block
- Adjusted character’s position on the minimap
- Fixed bosses spawn (They spawn each 8 hours - 2 a.m, 10 a.m and 6 p.m GTM+2 time http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-2/)
- Added boss spawn information
- World has expanded by 50%, these changes include:
- Added spine rotation system (looks pretty sweet!)
- Added new various sounds
- Added backstab damage from AI
- Added player’s rotation during creation process
- Added option to disable birds and fish in game options
And the big one which took most of our time this month
- Introduced dynamic tile processing.
- Introduced texture streaming system which allows us to improve our textures resolution without performance degradation.
- RAM usage dropped by a significant amount.
- Game is loading about 10x faster now and fps are more stable
- increased fps count from 15 to 30% depending on hardware configuration
- fixed graphics issues on integrated cards
- fixed error which could kill character after using /unstuck or during respawn
- fixed intersection of hair and beards with helmets
- fixed boss and their companions spawns
- fixes in spine rotation system
- fixes in melee collision detection
- added first higher quality textures
- increased terrains refreshing frequency (decreased visibility issues during fast camera turning)
- adjusted NPC walking animations speed
- adjusted sounds volume
- fixed exp bar blocking after relog bug
- fixed language saving bug
- fixed crafting helmets recipees
- weakened Flag Guards
– fixed bug allowing infinite chest looting
– changed drops from some chests
– added improvement preventing from “ghost-mobs” appearance – please report if you will find any
– added automatic log sending in case of player’s collision detection system failure
– fixed normal maps
– replaced a few of the textures in Dunfen for higher quality ones
– fixed door animations
– added new advanced shaders
– improved location and models of some of workshops
– improved some model resources
– improved night sky resolution
– added official Team Speak channel (IP: gloriavictisgame.com)