Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Space Station Alpha
Free Demo Released, new stuff too!
February 8 - jacobwilkinson3d
FREE Demo now available.... for free!
I've had a few of the good folks out there email me, lamenting the fact that they can't play Space Station Alpha for free. Well good news my poverty stricken friends, you can download the demo right now for Windows and/or Linux and have a play around. Enjoy!
If you haven't got the full game yet, you can download it at the store page.
Science and Commerce
The basis of science and commerce have been added in Alpha 8. When (if?) you set up Command and Control and have a few permanent residents you can put some of them to work in your shiny new Laboratory working on unlocking new and exciting technologies.
Once you've researched it you can also assign areas of your station for free commerce and let customers open shops which you can tax to extract income. You will also recieve rent for every permanent resident in your station.
My New Favourite Thing
Not far up the tech tree you'll find the new "Oxygen Buffer". I freaking love these things. They fill their tanks passively with oxygen when you have plenty and then slowly release it when the oxygen level around it starts to drop.
These guys can really save you when you accidentally overload your power system or a giant space rock creates it's own entrance through one of your bulkheads.
- Demo! For those who just want to take the game for a test drive the demo version is now available.
- Science! Once you get Command and Control established your next citizens can become scientists, make use of the science station and unlock new technologies and upgrades.
- Commercial Areas! Commercial areas can now be opened up and certain citizens given entrepreneur status. Entrepreneurs will set up shop on commercial decks and pay you taxes daily.
- New Equipment! The Oxygen Buffer device is large and expensive but can hold vast amounts of oxygen in tanks for when the power goes down or you are losing oxygen to that gaping hole in the hull.
- Graphics have been tweaked to make the game more colourful and pretty.
- Income from food dispenser and sleep chamber increased
- Full door controls now always available
- Door controls now feature global lock down options
- Starting cash increased
- Floor materials now consistent through loading
- Furniture now correctly disappears on load
- Ship don't get stuck anymore (again)
- You can no longer activate equipment that is under construction through the command and control screen
- Newly built floors now take on the room type of their surrounds
Get Space Station Alpha now for Windows and Linux http://www.nuclearfirecracker.com.