This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Fleish & Cherry in Crazy Hotel
June 20 - Red Little House
Red Little House website Mirror
Red Little House website Mirror
Red Little House website Mirror
We are proud to announce our first alpha demo for Fleish & Cherry in Crazy Hotel for PC, Mac and Linux.
This demo is an alpha prototype of the conversational puzzles part in the game, with three different joke endings depending of you final choice (the endings are not really that important, only a small joke, so don't worry about getting one or the other). This small story we created for the demo will not be present in the final game, and some jokes, room placement, characters and storylines will change completely in other demos and the final game, so no spoilers here.
There are three versions of this demo for Windows, Mac and Linux*
*Concerning the Linux version we have encountered some issues with Ubuntu's default desktop.
Here is a trailer for this demo, if you watch the original trailer we have here in steam, you will notice the differences from one version to the other:
This playable demo contains:
- A small level, part of the the first floor of the hotel, with the big lobby room, the maintenance corridor and Ninette's office.
- Up to 9 characters you can talk, some of them with different dialogue options.
- More than 30 scenery objects you can interact with.
- More than 7 objects you will have to find and use to resolve the conversational puzzles.
- Two different habilities to use, Anvil and Balloon.
- Tons of lines of dialogue for Cherry, the different NPC's and the majority of scenery objects. You can even examine all these objects and characters for more information and jokes about them.
- Two types of controls, keyboard and game pad (we recommend using a game pad).
- One of the first music demo tracks, and sound effects for the some of the objects, all done by the Hankins Studio.
- A small story from start to finish that will not appear in the final game.
- Endings that come in three different tones, black, white and grey! And what you choose doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things!
As this is only an alpha demo version lots of things will vary between this demo, future demos, and the final game.
- Only the conversational puzzles part of the game appear in this demo, environmental puzzles will be showed in future ones.
- Items, puzzles and characters will change in the future.
- You will be able to customize your controls in the future.
- The game adapts to the resolution of your desktop, up to 1920X1080 and 16:9.
- The game works better on new computers, but older computers also play fine, with the only change being the FPS. The problems that can occur with this are the text going slower (and even pressing the button so the text goes faster will not work in that case), and that you can break through some objects in a big jump of FPS. We recommend for Mac users to close all the programs before playing.
- The inventory of this demo is very straitghtforward (get an object and use it), but the final game will have a managable inventory typical of other adventure games.
- Cherry will have improved walking animations and also standing and iddle ones. We will also add animations to the NPC's and objects in the scenery.
- Some of the background scenery will also be redrawn.
- You can encounter some bugs.
We also opened a discussion on this same steam page forums about the demo, where you can give us feedback and report any bugs you encounter. We will answer any questions you have there and we will be glad to also hear your opinions.
Click here for the forum discussion
If you like it, remember we are in our last 14 days of crowdfunding on the Indiegogo page http://igg.me/at/crazyhotel, so any support will be greatly appreciated :D
June 15 - Red Little House
Click on the image above to see it larger
Today it’s time to meet some of the inhabitants of Toonville! Look what a motley crew they are! Some of them you already know, like Doc Goose, Ninette, and of course Cherry, Fleish and Mr Mintz, but some of them are new, like Sir Otis, the veteran elavator, or the Broomi Bros, a family of 4 italian-american brothers. And dont worry, this is only a small example of the large number of characters that will appear in the nial game!
June 7 - Red Little House
Today we present you the composers and sound designers working with the Red Little House Team, Alex Hankins and Carlos Vera from the Hankins Studio, in this funny video themed as the sound labs of the Walter Fritz Cartoon Studios in the 1930's that we hope you will all enjoy.
We show in it the first demo version of Mr Mintz's Theme, played on piano by Carlos and on guitar by Alex. In the second part of the video we also see how they are working in the sound design, creating with different utensils sounds for the game, with a small in-game example at the end.
You can also hear Mr Mintz's Theme demo on soundcloud by clicking on this image:
June 6 - Red Little House
Today we show you a better explanation to the levels of the game, the hotel's floors.
Each floor will be a totally new world, so its not only your typical hotel, but a cartoon hotel that thinks outside the box. Same with the sizes of the levels, that can be huge, as size in this hotel's floors dont matter. What you see in the image is only a concept of those levels and the final game will be even more varied, even on the same floors.
The forth level is still a secret ;)
May 30 - Red Little House
Today we present you with two important characters from the story, best friends of Fleish & Cherry, they usually take part on their adventures. In the game they will have different side stories that will add flavour to main one.
Ninette: She’s Cherry’s best friend and a journalist in the newspaper “Daily Looney”. She is a very hard-worker but her impulsive and restless personality has caused her some problems. Her big addiction to work causes neglect in her relationship with Doc Goose. She moves to the Hyperion Hotel to write an article about Fleish and while she is doing research about it, she will discover a hidden mystery in Toonville.
Doc Goose: This doctor was a promising scientist whose career was truncated because of the disastrous effects of his inventions. His extremely clumsiness and forgetfulness have earned him the reputation of “Nutty Scientist” in Toonville. He is still in love with Ninette as much as the first day and he protects her with his secret identity from the troubles in which she gets into. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent…and clumsy guardian, a watchful protector…
What do you think about them?