Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Scraps 0.2.3 update
September 19, 2013 - Nition
Get it here.
I wasn't going to do an update to the builder demo just yet, but I've fixed some major stuff so it's worth making it live.
The Mac mouse offset bug should be fixed, where the mouse cursor showed in a different place to where it actually was on first run. Please let me know if it still happens to you.
The other major thing is that I was flying through the air in my test vehicle and I fired the cannon, and the vehicle didn't rotate. It moved sideways, but didn't rotate like it should have. So I checked the code and found that when firing weapons the equal-and-opposite force from the gun being fired has always been applied to the centre of the vehicle instead of the place where the bullet was actually fired from. Additionally, when projectile weapons hit stuff, they were also applying their hit force to the centre of the object that was hit instead of the point where they hit.
So now with the fix, vehicles get thrown around a lot more, particularly from the large cannon firing. Especially since I also recently boosted the cannon's power a bit. It's way better now, by which I mean worse, by which I mean way better.
List of changes in this release:
2013-09 - 0.2.3
- Tweaked projectile weapon FX, mostly to make them more visible at a distance too
- Some minor performance fixes
- Weapon checks if they can fire now correctly take the barrel width into account
- Tweaked weapons
- Improved sound manager
- Fixed bug where on first run on some Macs, the cursor would be offset from where the mouse actually was
- Fixed being able to place a weapon barrel overlapping a Red Zone, but not place a Red Zone overlapping a weapon barrel
- Fixed cannons that can't fire still being able to rotate on the Y axis (and clip through anything!)
- Fixed several bugs that made setting key bindings a bit dodgy
- Fixed equal-and-opposite force when firing weapons always pushing from the center of the vehicle instead of the gun's firing position
- Fixed projectile hits also adding force to the center of objects instead of where they hit!