STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Damned: A Randomized Online Competitive/Cooperative Horror Game
Damned Alpha Roadmap
May 29, 2013 - 9heads
It's been a while since we first announced Damned. And since then, an awesome community of supporters is being formed (you guys!). Lots of people showed interest in the game concept and idea and we received many really neat suggestions and feedback.
We promised a playable alpha version and we've been working really hard to make that happen. Finally, we came up with everything needed for the alpha and a roadmap for it.
So, first, let us list here everything the alpha will feature (so you'll better understand the roadmap and what we already have done):
- One character (Mia), which will be temporarily reused for every survivor, featuring alpha-stage animations;
- One monster, featuring alpha-stage animations;
- Full randomization system;
- A quarter of the first floor, fully crowded with assets and items;
- Stamina system for the survivors;
- Vital energy system for the monster;
- Ingame text-chat visible only for the survivors;
- Simple items and objectives (keys to open doors, etc);
- One way to win the game for the monster (killing everyone);
- At least one way to win the game for the survivors;
- Scare triggers/traps to haunt the survivors while in the ghost form;
- At least one monster skill to help him hunt down the survivors;
- Simple flashlight, with unlimited battery;
To make all this, we need to complete a few tasks, then we'll be good to go.
These tasks (roadmap) are:
- Add monster animations (alpha-stage);
- Finish the kitchen layout (assets and items);
- Finish the crown layout (assets and items);
- Add ingame message log;
- Add scare trigger/trap system;
- Add scare triggers/traps;
- Add more places to hide (as a survivor);
- Finish the alpha version of the game GUI;
- Remove incomplete rooms;
- Replace functional doors at the ends of the alpha portion for static doors;
- Revamp the monster view;
- Revisit and fix all the stage illumination;
- Add some kind of feedback for the player when holding a door;
- Add sprint skill for the monster;
We listened to you guys and we added lots and lots of really good suggestions to the game. And there are many things we already decided to implement (like localized voice chat and insanity system), but we decided to postpone them for after the alpha release.
We want to share with you all the experience of playing Damned early in the development process. So we kinda reorganized everything to deliver the alpha as soon as possible. :)
Share the love!