STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Tower of Guns
October 2, 2013 - blankslatejoe
Tower of Guns is part of a massive sale of indie games going on right now called the "Not on Steam Sale", a celebration games that have yet to get through the Greenlight process.
There are like.. 40+ games in the sale and you can pick up games 'a la carte'...there are quite a few gems in there for pretty cheap. Tower of Guns itself is 25% off (bringing it down to $5.60) for the next week:
This is the VERY FIRST TIME Tower of Guns has been on sale. Go be part of history and help me pay my dang cat's vet bills! :-)
There are greenlight links all there to the various games, so feel free to kindly vote for some of these fine developers! And of course, tell your friends--it's really remarkable how FEW votes it takes to push a game into Valve's radar--the difference between Tower of Guns (which is NOT currently in the top 100) and the #1 game on Greenlight is only a few thousand votes!
Thanks so much for your support, folks!
September 27, 2013 - blankslatejoe
Good afternoon all you wonderful Greenlight visitors!
A new "Early-Access" version of Tower of Guns has been released into the wild.
This version takes the game up from v0.42 to v0.56. That means I'm OFFICIALLY over the halfway mark. At this point it just makes more sense to continue on rather than turn back, right? Yeah, my wife didn't think that was very funny either.
Anyway, this new build features a ton of new stuff including:
- No new stages! (Sorry, I'll hopefully get to add more stages next build)
- New rooms for Logistics, Foyer, and Foundry stages (not Gearworks though)
- A new "badge system" for stat upgrades: This changes some familiar drops like HealthUP and SpeedUP but also adds a ton of things like LuckUP and DifficultyUP (wait, what, really?). All badges are available as drops AND from shops now.
- I've actually populated all levels with more shop spawn locations—collecting money has a purpose now!
- There's magnet-loot now. It's short range but you don't have to be-quite- so precise now when running around to pick up loot.
- There's a ton of new things: items, mobs, bosses, and loot types.
- Fall-through-world countermeasures: I've plugged up tons of geometry holes, but there are likely some I have not found yet. However, falling out of the map is NO LONGER a game-ender...give yourself a few seconds and you should teleport back to the door you just passed through and back into the action.
- Customizable keybinds! For all you anti-WASD folks, have at it! I don't have a controller though, so I have yet to test this with rebinding-controller-buttons. I have hopes that it just 'works' though.
- Champions and special mobs: Tougher, faster, and more colorful than your
- Mastered audio tracks (with more on the way!)
- Began work on some optimization—however that means that performance might actually be WORSE, as I haven't exposed any options yet in the menus...so right now the values of some things are cranked by default. My apologies if framerate is a bit shaky in places.
- New jump icons, menu cursor, and lots of little art fixes!
If you're interested in trying these alpha builds out visit http://www.towerofguns.com!
August 16, 2013 - blankslatejoe
The new Tower of Guns build is now LIVE! You can play it by pre-ordering from www.towerofguns.com
It's a large update so there are bound to be some wrinkles. As with any technology, the longer this new stuff is in the build the more kinks I'll have worked out. This update takes the game up to 42% complete.
Major Changes since the last build:
- Persistence is now unlocked and you can move on to either the "Foundry" or the "Gearworks" levels. From there you can move on to the Logistics level. The game ends at that point. Only the Foyer and the Foundry have random levels built so far. The other two only have one string of rooms.
- There's a new 'Endless mode' toggle. The game cycles back to the "Foyer" if you beat "Logistics", but it *should* get harder and harder as you go...I can't it past 7 or 8 stages myself.
- There are a slew of new enemies, a handful of new items and a couple of new gun mods. There are also a few new/revised perks and some new guns you can unlock.
- Lots of mobility tweaks: faster, snappier movement!
- New options: volume, gamma!
- Difficulty is a little all over the place. This should improve as I make new bosses and new shuffling levels/population around a bit.
- New stages don't have shops in them yet. (You can still technically find a shop randomly spawning at a secret though)
- The new purple "Energy turret" doesn't stop firing its last shot after you kill it.
- Explosion SFX volume still gets really really loud in hectic firefights.
- Some of the dialog stubs are a little inaccurate now—referencing 5-room-gauntlet and 'a demo' (this isn't really a demo anymore, after all)
- The collection screen doesn't seem to record when you've picked up certain items. This screen needs a lot of work in general
- There's still no 'win' condition in the game, so any guns/perks reliant on that criteria are still not-unlockable
- Some people are still reporting installation and first-run issues
If you have NOT pre-ordered, feel free to at www.towerofguns.com . The game is still WAY early, but you can get a good taste of where I'm going with it even now.
Follow me on twitter for more up-to-the-minute updates: @blankslatejoe
OR, chat with us on the ToG forums at forum.towerofguns.com
July 31, 2013 - blankslatejoe
Hey guys, I just posted a new video here on greenlight that includeds a new track brother Mike did for the game! I threw in some screenshots from the new levels too..hopefully you'll get the chance to play these levels when the new build goes out to pre-orderers August 16th. Haven't pre-ordered yet? Hop on over to www.towerofguns.com and pre-order for 5 bucks if you are so inclined!
July 13, 2013 - blankslatejoe
I know this is a bit short notice, but today I'll be part of the Indie Scene Showcase, another streaming marathon event! For my segment (4pm PST / 7pm EST) I'll be joined by prestigious YouTuber Joe Hills!
Come watch: http://www.twitch.tv/HJTenchi
It should be a good time!