This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Tower of Guns
November 16 - blankslatejoe
The holidays have early-Tower of Guns is now on IndieGameStand!
Tower of Guns is featured NOW as the 96 hour deal on IndieGameStand.com . It’s a pay-what-you-want offer, meaning you can get the game for super-cheap, but it also has a bunch of bonus stuff for those who “beat the average”. What bonuses, you might ask? Well, there's Brother Mike's soundtrack, for one. And Steam Keys (which don't exist yet, but now that I'm greenlit that's a much more sure thing to happen in the months to come). And wallpapers. And a really really silly e-book I wrote a few years back. AND, for the top ten contributors, for those who truly go above and beyond, I'm offering some of the ORIGINAL IN GAME ART used in Tower of Guns. Head on over to IndieGameStand for more information. It should be fun!
Already a pre-orderer? First: thank you. You are awesome. Second, perhaps Tower of Guns would be a great gift for Grandma this Christmas! Pick up a copy for her! Or, at the very least, please plug the heck out of the sale on Saturday via your Facebook, Twitter, and the like. I'd really like to break IndieGameStand with traffic!
I think that’d be a good thing to do, right?
Thanks again everyone for supporting Tower of Guns!
October 29 - blankslatejoe
Thank you so much for all the support guys--Tower of Guns has PASSED THE GREELIGHT BARRIER and will be COMING TO STEAM!
I'm still hard at work on the game, and am not sure if I'll release an early-access version on Steam or simply wait until I've completed the game, but if you'd like to preorder ToG and play these early-access builds feel free to at www.towerofguns.com. You will, of course, be offered a Steam key once I get that all set up--which will probably be a milestone or two out I imagine.
Thanks again guys! I couldn't have done it without you! See you on the other side of Steam! :-)
October 5 - blankslatejoe
Rock Paper Shotgun had some very nice things to say about Tower of Guns today:
ToG, which is currently on sale as part of the NotonSteam sale was dubbed their "Deal of the Week"
Here's a really nice thing they wrote:
I can’t get enough of this game. Even though it’s just over half finished (“56% complete”, to be precise), it has properly got under my skin. I think it’s the best FPS I’ve played all year.
No I am not making that up. This is from Rock Paper Shotgun too...those guys don't joke around: You'd be hard pressed to find people more old-school-PC-gamer than those folks are. I couldn't believe I was seeing someone saying THAT about my little game on RPS.
Here's something else they said:
It’s quite funny, it’s got mad graphics, and each new build I’ve played has been a marked step up in polish and content. Buy this game.
Should you wish to take RPS's advice, you can purchase Early Access at the Tower of Guns homepage. Should you wish to support one of the MANY (close to 60!!) other games that art partaking in the "Not on Steam Sale" then pay a visit to the the Not on Steam hub page!
October 2 - blankslatejoe
Tower of Guns is part of a massive sale of indie games going on right now called the "Not on Steam Sale", a celebration games that have yet to get through the Greenlight process.
There are like.. 40+ games in the sale and you can pick up games 'a la carte'...there are quite a few gems in there for pretty cheap. Tower of Guns itself is 25% off (bringing it down to $5.60) for the next week:
This is the VERY FIRST TIME Tower of Guns has been on sale. Go be part of history and help me pay my dang cat's vet bills! :-)
There are greenlight links all there to the various games, so feel free to kindly vote for some of these fine developers! And of course, tell your friends--it's really remarkable how FEW votes it takes to push a game into Valve's radar--the difference between Tower of Guns (which is NOT currently in the top 100) and the #1 game on Greenlight is only a few thousand votes!
Thanks so much for your support, folks!
September 27 - blankslatejoe
Good afternoon all you wonderful Greenlight visitors!
A new "Early-Access" version of Tower of Guns has been released into the wild.
This version takes the game up from v0.42 to v0.56. That means I'm OFFICIALLY over the halfway mark. At this point it just makes more sense to continue on rather than turn back, right? Yeah, my wife didn't think that was very funny either.
Anyway, this new build features a ton of new stuff including:
- No new stages! (Sorry, I'll hopefully get to add more stages next build)
- New rooms for Logistics, Foyer, and Foundry stages (not Gearworks though)
- A new "badge system" for stat upgrades: This changes some familiar drops like HealthUP and SpeedUP but also adds a ton of things like LuckUP and DifficultyUP (wait, what, really?). All badges are available as drops AND from shops now.
- I've actually populated all levels with more shop spawn locations—collecting money has a purpose now!
- There's magnet-loot now. It's short range but you don't have to be-quite- so precise now when running around to pick up loot.
- There's a ton of new things: items, mobs, bosses, and loot types.
- Fall-through-world countermeasures: I've plugged up tons of geometry holes, but there are likely some I have not found yet. However, falling out of the map is NO LONGER a game-ender...give yourself a few seconds and you should teleport back to the door you just passed through and back into the action.
- Customizable keybinds! For all you anti-WASD folks, have at it! I don't have a controller though, so I have yet to test this with rebinding-controller-buttons. I have hopes that it just 'works' though.
- Champions and special mobs: Tougher, faster, and more colorful than your
- Mastered audio tracks (with more on the way!)
- Began work on some optimization—however that means that performance might actually be WORSE, as I haven't exposed any options yet in the menus...so right now the values of some things are cranked by default. My apologies if framerate is a bit shaky in places.
- New jump icons, menu cursor, and lots of little art fixes!
If you're interested in trying these alpha builds out visit www.towerofguns.com!