STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Updated Beta (1.02)
May 30, 2013 - Myran
Here is the updated beta of Hammerwatch (v. 1.02). The beta is still restricted to Act 1 but it now has the warlock class and three different difficulty settings. Read the list of all major changes below!
Download link: *removed see new update*
Updates since last version:
Game play and Design:
- The Warlock class has been added to the game, he has a dagger which poisons enemies and his secondary attack is a lightning strike.
- There are now 5 large coins on every level which reduce the prices in vendors.
- Most upgrades now cost more money.
- The game should be slightly harder on the standard difficulty, but there are also two new difficulty settings if you want it to be easier or harder.
- The Paladin now starts with the shield upgrade so that the first part of the game isn't so hard for him.
- Each class now have 4 different color variations so that it's less confusing to play as the same classes in multiplayer. You can change color variation by clicking the player graphic in the multiplayer lobby.
- The bonus level has had its graphics changed to more match the rest of the levels.
- Flower and key placements are now randomized so that there is at least some slight variation if you want to replay the campaign.
- The speed potions have been replaced with rejuvenation potions which gives you full health and mana.
- Only rejuvenation potions are now placed on the levels.
- Mana pickups have been added to the map.
- The players now start with the first walk speed upgrade.
- Combos are now a bit easier to trigger.
- The game no longer uses your log-in name on the computer but instead asks you for your name the first time you start the game, this name can be changed in the options menu.
- It is now possible to rejoin multiplayer games which you have dropped from or left.
- The game is now saved when you change level or walk on a checkpoint.
- To load a multiplayer game the host will need to load the game and then have the other players join the game after it has been started.
- You can manually rename saves by going in to the saves directory and renaming the files, this will later on be possible to do from in-game.
- If you get an OpenAL error when you start the game you can try deleting the OpenAL32.dll file from the game folder and see if that helps.
- Since we don't have an official mac/linux-build for this game yet. To play it you need to download and install Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page