This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Updated Beta (1.02)
May 30, 2013 - Myran
Here is the updated beta of Hammerwatch (v. 1.02). The beta is still restricted to Act 1 but it now has the warlock class and three different difficulty settings. Read the list of all major changes below!
Download link: *removed see new update*
Updates since last version:
Game play and Design:
- The Warlock class has been added to the game, he has a dagger which poisons enemies and his secondary attack is a lightning strike.
- There are now 5 large coins on every level which reduce the prices in vendors.
- Most upgrades now cost more money.
- The game should be slightly harder on the standard difficulty, but there are also two new difficulty settings if you want it to be easier or harder.
- The Paladin now starts with the shield upgrade so that the first part of the game isn't so hard for him.
- Each class now have 4 different color variations so that it's less confusing to play as the same classes in multiplayer. You can change color variation by clicking the player graphic in the multiplayer lobby.
- The bonus level has had its graphics changed to more match the rest of the levels.
- Flower and key placements are now randomized so that there is at least some slight variation if you want to replay the campaign.
- The speed potions have been replaced with rejuvenation potions which gives you full health and mana.
- Only rejuvenation potions are now placed on the levels.
- Mana pickups have been added to the map.
- The players now start with the first walk speed upgrade.
- Combos are now a bit easier to trigger.
- The game no longer uses your log-in name on the computer but instead asks you for your name the first time you start the game, this name can be changed in the options menu.
- It is now possible to rejoin multiplayer games which you have dropped from or left.
- The game is now saved when you change level or walk on a checkpoint.
- To load a multiplayer game the host will need to load the game and then have the other players join the game after it has been started.
- You can manually rename saves by going in to the saves directory and renaming the files, this will later on be possible to do from in-game.
- If you get an OpenAL error when you start the game you can try deleting the OpenAL32.dll file from the game folder and see if that helps.
- Since we don't have an official mac/linux-build for this game yet. To play it you need to download and install Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page