Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Deutsch (German) Ελληνικά (Greek) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
This item has been banned because it violates the Steam Terms of Service. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been banned mistakenly, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Greenlight. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Greenlight.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Gloria Victis - Dark medieval MMORPG with advanced crafting systems & dynamic PvP.
December 9 - Jog
We have finally launched our new website after many revisions! We apologise for the constant delays but we wanted to make sure that the content was is in pristine condition before we launched. The website reveals many of our concepts as well as lore to the world, from combat and equipment to nations and geography.
Our website will be using the Xsolla system to accept future contributions, Xsolla is a complex international payment system that offers hundreds of payment methods including SMS payments. The current thank you gifts are preliminary ones and we will be releasing different thank you gift packs in the future such as getting our artists to custom make a coat of arms that will appear ingame, your name carved on plaques and gravestones ingame etcetera. Those that have donated already or donate now will be eligible for these future thank you gifts when they are released. This brings us one step closer to launching our official fundraising campaign and one step closer to becoming a fully fledged indie development studio.
Also, remember to back us in the indieDB top indie game of 2013! Last year we took out fifth place, let us see if we can beat our previous position, it all rests on your click! Furthermore, we will be hosting a series of quick trivia questions leading up to Christmas based on the content on the various tabs such as nations, combat, crafting and equipment on our website, so head over and check them out now!
December 2 - Jog
Yesterday, the very first Gloria Victis unofficial knight tournament was hosted, which is great taking into consideration that the event was driven by the community.
It was a one-on-one tournament where the particpants could play against literally anybody. Despite some inconvenience linked with the early pre-alpha version we are really happy with the tournament outcome.
Two hours of a great show - great thanks to all the participants. Next events should be hosted in the nearest future.
The winners have received pre-alpha keys, which they can share with their friends or their guild - and we have quite a few guilds already!
A few words from the tourney's organiser - Larsiam of the Happy Kangaroos guild:
"As the master of ceremony's of the Tournament I can say it went great. Everyone fought with such respect and dignity. It is a great thing to see a community come together in such early stages of this amazing game.
As a Tournament participant and the winner I can say the fights where intense. We ran into some minor problems and bugs. But they sorted themselves out and we continued to fight. As Gloria Victis continues to grow we as it's community will aswell. Thank You to all of you who support Gloria Victis and the Idea it stands for."
What is more, today IndieDB has launched the best Indie 2013 contest. Last year our game took 5th place, losing slightly too games such as Amnesia: A machine For Pigs, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, 0 A.D., and Path of Exile.
Will we be able to repeat at least our last year's success or reach even higher spot - it all depends on you and your votes! All you have to do is spare us few seconds by voting on Gloria Victis. Click the link below and press "Vote for this Game".
Gloria Victis team would like to thank you all for your unceasing support.
November 30 - Jog
The first piece of news is that we welcome three new members to our development team: two of which are Jacek Komuda and Maciej Jurewicz. Jacek is a famous Polish author who has had dozens of his works published, both Jacek and Maciej have written for projects such as The Witcher and Bulletstorm. Together, they will be responsible for writing captivating lore for Gloria Victis. We hope to show a few lines of the lore without spoiling it in the near future, for now we have their word that the lore will be gritty, bloody, dark and styled like classic RPGs.
The second piece of news pertains to animations with regards to comments made by our community. We welcome our third new member Jarosaw Zieliski to the team, Jaroslaw is an experience animator that has worked on many games such as Two Worlds II, Deadfall Adventures, Painkiller: Hell & Damnation or NecroVision. In addition to recruiting a talented and experienced animator we have also made the first installment towards the usage of motion capture technology, something we could not have done without all of those that donated towards Gloria Victis, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you all once again and to remind you that there will be special thank you gifts other than simply Pre-Alpha access to our large donors.
All animations will now be reworked with our new equipment to give a more fluid and realistic animations! We would like to thank once again those that gave positive comments for your support and those that gave critical ones, even the most vitriol of comments have a grain of truth behind and we take all feedback seriously.
In other news, we have completely reworked our database for the implementation of our complex sandbox crafting system, the ability to create Warbands as well as the addition of a second nation. Players in this upcoming update will be able to fight for the glory of their standard as well as for the honour of their nation, all of which will be available on even lower computer requirements due to the many optimizations in our coding we have made in the past month. We expect this update to take us over a month but we will keep you all constantly updated with the progress of this monumental update.
Thank you all once again for your feedback, donations and continued support!
September 18 - Jog
As you probably are aware the Gloria Victis team has been busy laying the framework of game mechanics in the past few months since the Pre-Alpha launch. This month we have had some time to put some flesh on these bones that gives a hint of things to come. The world is more interactive than ever, the player can interact with nature such as picking mushrooms and harvesting crops but in our most recent update players are now able to interact with doors, gates and levers, a prelude for mechanics from castle traps to majestic siege machines.
We have also given the town that we are working on an external revamp and as you can see from the battlement and town gate screenshots things are really shaping up to be something amazing!
Player customization has also received its first overhaul and new options will be available to players to customize ultimately working towards a character creation process that will be able to make every character’s appearance unique. We have improved on Camera mechanics to further represent a player’s ability to see and mob information is now only displayed at closer distances.
The most important news for this month is that our new website which will contain in-depth information about combat, crafting, nations and lore is almost complete and will be launched in the very near future, for now here are some teaser screenshots of the website.
- starting location has been expanded
- interactive objects system has been created
- interactive objects have been added (doors, gates, levers, later on - traps, machines, etc.)
- character creation has been fully rebuilt, new customization options coming soon
- party members’ health, level, etc. indicators have been added to interface
- creatures’ health display has been improved
- autorun has been added – ‘R’ assigned as a default key
- improved character’s reaction while running with no stamina
- account registration system has been added (operated with entry keys)
- a screen showing current date, weather, temperature and lunar phases has been added.
- fixed the issue with statistics window popping up while swapping items
- from now on, character level and nation will be displayed during character selection
- sounds handling system has been rebuilt
- fixes have been made to skill bar and equipment icons
- many new mob sounds have been added
- improved the game to lower RAM usage
- enhanced visibility of buttons in information windows
- tuned lighting settings during the night
- optimized lights
- improved camera system, enemy info display range, etc. It has been suited to modify it for game mechanics
- added a new creature which you might encounter somewhere in game
and MANY more minor fixes
- arrows’ physics have been fixed and now they shouldn’t appear behind the character
- shoulder placement at the character creation screen has been improved
- fixed issue where NPC chat would block when joining a party
- data displaying has been improved
- improved GUI performance..
- stamina fix, running to the left will decrease the character’s stamina
- from now on, autorun will regenerate stamina
- a new cursor will appear when hovering it over certain objects, such as gates, etc.
- fixed cursor’s action while opening a gate
- added autorun key to keyology and key settings in game options
- added new faces to character creation screen
- added new sounds to enemies and the character itself
- we’ve been through some optimalizing and managed to fix a crashing issue from the last update
- fixed pop-up window for accepting new graphic settings
- added new key shortcut “Show cursor (combat mode)”
- fixed working, saving and loading of skill bar on the bottom of the screen
- fixed character list’s display after relogging
- fixed an issue with using skill bar while trading
- improved character scaling and removed the issue where the equipment would “sink”
August 19 - Jog
- Added health information for enemies.
- Game performance has been improved.
- Login panel: After selecting “Try again” password field is cleaned and focused.
- Fixed problem with one-hand and two-hands weapons - it’s possible now to start moving and attack at the same time.
- Improved trade window.
- Fixed sounds for other players.
- Fixed skillbar.
- New 270 spawn points for mobs have appeared on map.
- It’s possible again to gather resources and open chests.
- Number of resources have been increased.
- Server stability has been improved.
- Added trading between players with the use of command /tradeoffer “player’s name”.
- Added skill bar for equipment items and weapons.
- Added the ability to quickly change weapon from the skill bar.
- Added: Changing clothes/armor takes a short time now.
- Added information about the types of buffs the item has.
- Added healing features to items such as potions and food. They have different types of healing process.
- Accessible world expanded by 50%. Added a river, waterfalls, ruins and some free space.
-Added the first keep to the world, keep’s interior is not accessible to the players yet.
- Added new hidden treasures.
- Pants that have shoes attached, take up the legs and feet slots.
- Added character sounds dependent on equiped items (sounds of shoes, torso armor and shield).
- Added draw weapon sounds based on the material the weapon is made of.
- Added armor sounds based on the material the armor is made of.
- Added more creature sounds.
- Fixed the bug where dead opponents were able to make sounds.
- Improved behaviour of mobs after death.
- Fixed the damage and collision detection issues during PVE and PVP. Removed the hitting without damage.
- Improved fighting messages system.
- Improved PVP fighting system.
- Improved NPCs’ fighting animations.
- Fixed the majority of bugs related to NPCs’ life behaviours.
- Removed the ability of wielding a shield with a two handed weapon. The only available two-weapon and shield combination is bow and buckler.
- Fixed the issue with shooting the bow while moving.
- Improved weather effects, like missing shadows, light and fog.
- Fixed the issues related to changing equipment.
- Fixed the issues with game window / menu placement.
- Added multi-language capability to the remaining menus.
- Fixed tooltip issues.
- Improved display of item’s icons and names.
- Improved resources progress bar.
- Fixed the blocking of gui/equipment while resource gathering.
- Fixed the graphic options not saving issue.
- Fixed the control and key binding issues.
- Improved map geometry.
- Fixed the camera issue during running left with a shield drawn.
- Improved chat. Chat shouldn’t have any contact with the controller. Removed the issue of character moving during chat.
- Improved party system: interface keys are now fully working, first username will be properly highlighted during inviting process.
- Fixed the issues with character losing a weapon during heavy controller use.
- Removed the known bugs related to game freezing/crashing.
- Improved the transition from standing to running when using the bow. The bowstring is no longer released during this transition.
- Fixed the issue of not being able to shoot an arrow just after the start of movement.
- Fixed the issue with disappearing equipment.
- Fixed the chat issue that was occurring since the last update.
- Fixed the freezing controller issue.
The resource gathering had to be temporarily disabled, because we are patching one of the main components of the game. Resource gathering will be enabled with the next update.
We are sorry for inconvenience.
Fixed the issue that made some computers not able to login to the game.