After you've gathered all six orb pieces, you have to go back to the Chancel. Once you enter then Chancel, you are ambushed by Grunts. This is supposed to happen, but because you used this guide, they won't spawn and you can't continue the game. So after you've collected them and re-entered the Nave, Save and Exit your game and re-enable the monsters. Then after they have ambushed you and you have moved on in the story, you can Save and Exit and disable them again.
How to remove the Monsters!
I was too afraid to play this game. I have 20 hours in this, 16 hours of restarting because I couldn't go on. So I did the same part over and over again. Then, I found out how to do this! Call me what you want, (Wus, ♥♥♥♥♥, Scaredy Cat, Etc.), but if you just want a good story and a creepy enough game without the monsters, this will remove them! The atmosphere and the anticipation by itself is what scared me the most about this game, the monsters where just extra terror!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE A NEW GAME TO DO THIS. THIS WORKS ON YOUR CURRENT SAVE.
This removes the Grunt, Brute, and Kaernk/Water Monster/Lurker.
1. Go to your Games Library.
2. Right-Click on Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
3. Click on 'Properties'.
4. Go to the Local Files tab.
5. Click on 'Browse Local Game Files'.
6. Go to the 'entities' folder.
7. Minimize the window.
8. Go to your Games Library.
9. Start up Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
10. Launch the game.
11. Don't select a profile yet. (If you are just starting the game, make a new profile and then restart the game. If you are wanting to restart, delete the profile you want to use and relaunch the game).
12. Shift+Tab (default key-bindings) and open up the Steam overlay.
13. Alt+Tab and go to the desktop.
14. Open the Amnesia: The Dark Descent Folder we were using earlier.
15. In the entities folder, rename the 'enemies' folder to anything else.
16. Minimize the Amnesia: The Dark Descent Folder.
17. Alt+Tab and go back to Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
18. Start up your profile and enjoy a monster free game!
19. When you are done playing, (that session of play time), rename the file back to 'enemies'.
Sadly, you have to do this each time you play. Also, this just removes the Monster entities. It does not remove the sequences. For Example: In the Archives, after you solve the Book Puzzle and get the key, there will still be a bang on the door and when you walk out of the hallway the music will play as if a Grunt was there, but it won't be. Even though it isn't a hostile, it is still part of the 'enemies' folder. Another example is in the Refinery. About a minute into the Refinery, you would see a Grunt. But you won't because even though it isn't a hostile, it is still part of the 'enemies' folder.