Now we'll set up the in game settings. At the Main Menu
, click on Configure
Now set the Rendering resolution
to your native resolution, the resolution next to 100%
. Overall quality
, VSync disabled
if you don't have a 120Hz monitor.
Now click on the Quality tab
, here you'll see 4 options:Objects
- decrease it if you haven't got a powerful CPU, Very low should be ok for 2-4 cores Amd Cpus and 2 cores Intel Cpus (2 Threads), low and normal for 2-4 cores Intel Cpus (4 Threads) and 6 cores Amd Cpus, high for 8 cores Amd Cpus and 4 cores Intel Cpus (4-8 Threads) and very high for 4+ cores Intel Cpus (8+ Threads).Terrain
- it affects GPU, increase it if you got a powerful video cardClouds
- leave it on Very low or disable it.Shadows
- affects both CPU and GPU, turn it up if you got a powerful GPU.
After you set up the quality settings, click on the Textures
tab, here there are 3 settings:Video Memory
- set it to AutoTexture Detail
- If you got a good GPU set it to Very high or high (it doesn't cause FPS drops), otherwise turn it down.Texture Filtering
- This is the anisotropic filter, it doesn't have a high impact on performance, so if you got a good GPU, set it to high or very high.
Now, the last one, click on the Rendering
- i suggest keeping it on because it smoothes the game, but if you get low FPS disable it. Disabling it you'll get a good fps boost. For the ones who have a good gpu: You should disable the antialiasing and increase the resolution, this will improve the system usage and grant you some more fps.Alpha to Coverage
- if you didn't disable the antialiasing this option will be available, setting it to All trees + grass will not cause significant FPS drops if you set Antialiasing on low.Edge Smoothing
- Leave it Disabled or set it to whatever you like, it doesn't affect the performance too much.HDR Quality
- Set it on Very low Ambient Occlusion
- Disable it for a good FPS boost in open areas and cities (about 15-20 FPS).Post Process Quality
- I suggest to disable it, it has a medium impact on performance. If you disable it you won't see the blur effects anymore and so you won't be able to understand if your character is healthy or not. You should check how many fps you're getting with it disabled and then enabled to see which value suits best for your system.Bloom
-Set it as you likeRotation Blur
- Disable it or turn it up a little bit, it doesn't affect performance too much.