Pt 3 - XNALara - A 3D Model Posing Program and Required for Exporting XNA Models
In this video we look at what the XNALara Poser program is, what it can be used for and how to export model data into a format that can be imported into Blender for editing. We also look at a new resource for possible model content for SFM, the XNALara forum at Deviantart.http:// http://youtu.be/J5abbO1D1-8
Export Process for XNA models to .mesh.ascii format which is readable by Blender if the proper plug-ins are installed.
1. Download the applicable XNA model from wherever.
2. Extract the model folder (including materials) to the XNALara Data folder.
3. Load XNALara
4. If XNALara displays an error message and crashes, go to the XNALara main folder and delete the XNA.cfg file then re-launch XNALara. (It should load)
5. Select File, then Add Model(s) in the Control Window, then select the model you want to load, click OK.
6. View the model in the Pose Window to ensure it is the model you want.
7. At this point you can pose the model, or just leave it as is.
8. To Export the model to work in Blender, if you hve more than one model loaded in XNALara, ensure you have the model you want displayed in the Model: text box. Select File, then use the export as method of choice.
1. Export scene as .obj - no skeletal info and limited texture info will be exported
2. Export selected as .mesh.ascii (T-Pose) - This is the preferred method This should export all the model info required by Blender to include skeletal Vertex group and texture information.
3. Export selected as .mesh.ascii (Posed) - Same as above, but if you posed the character in XNALara, that pose position will be exported to the .mesh.ascii file and should load in Blender that way.
Once the export is complete, you can close XNALara. It is no longer required.
If you wish to find out more about the XNALara Poser tool, Check out the #XNALara group at Deviant Art. 3D Model Resource Warning:
This is an artists' website which caters to all types of artistic flavours. The site does contain mature content which may include nudity and sexually explicit content, therefore user descression is advised!!!
Deviant Art XNALara Gallery:http://xnalara.deviantart.com/gallery/