First, I want to explain the legends I'll be using.
- z - The Z button. A quick, light attack
- x - The X button. A slow, heavy attack
- ^ v < > - Up, down, left, and right buttons, respectively
zzzz - Basic 4-hit combo using the Destroyer. The 3rd hit activates heavy stance, and the 4th hit knocks down the enemy.
xxx - Slam the Destroyer down, reload, and use that ammo to blow up an enemy in close-range.
zzzx - Basic 3-hit combo, followed by a continuous discharge of ammo. Uses up all your ammo.
zz(vz)z - Basic 2-hit combo, then a slam to the ground (reloads 1 ammo), and an upward swing which sends enemies flying.
xxzx - Slam the Destroyer down, reload, then lunge forward, pushing your target, and finish with a discharge of ammo.
^z - Basic jump bash with the Destroyer.
^x - Swing the Destroyer around you in mid-air.
>>z - An upward swing which sends the enemies flying.
>>x - Quickly dash behind your target, and blast them with 1 ammo.
>>^zz - Do an upward swing mid-air, and smash your enemy down to the ground. If used with ammo, you will release a blast directly to the ground which will launch the enemy upwards.
>>^x - Use an ammo to propel yourself upwards.
I will be listing the skills from left to right, row by row, as they would appear on the in-game skill tree.Row 1Basic Physical Defense Training
Permanently increases your physical defense.
- It's a passive. Max it. No ifs, no buts.Brutal Swing
Dash forward and push the target, then brutally swing the Destroyer, blowing your target away.
*Skill Note: Push and push*
Increase damage by 20%, and pushes the enemy back instead of knocking down.
- The damage is quite weak, and just isn't recommended at all. The skill note might come in handy in PvP because of it's long invincibility frames and no knockdown, but very few people actually use it. Reload
Swing the Destroyer upward and reload an ammo.
*Skill Note: Opportunity Chance*
Adds a 50% chance of reloading an extra ammo.
- At level 3, the skill reloads 2 ammos, which could help in managing your ammo. You can also use it as a combo extender because the upward swing causes a hitstun.Row 2Basic Magic Defense Training
Permanently increases your magical defense.
- Passive. Max.Scare Chase
Slam the Destroyer down to reload an ammo, and immediately use that ammo to fire a homing missile that seeks the nearest enemy. The explosion hits all enemies within the blast radius.
*Skill Note: Wide Explosion*
Increase blast radius by 50%
- Does okay damage, but not really the best skill to have since it knocks down. Only recommended to max if you're taking the skill Detonation.Row 3Basic Strength Training
(Passive) *Prerequisite: Basic Physical Defense Training*
Permanently increase your physical attack power.
- As a Shooting Guardian / Deadly Chaser, you'll be using your Destroyer and Silver Shooters a lot, but you will still do mostly physical attacks. Max.Lunatic Blow
Chung repeatedly pummels and blasts enemies with the Destroyer.
- This might be great early on, but it's easily overshadowed by other skills later on. When used in PvP, opponents cannot mana break out of it, so it's effective as a combo finisher. I recommend choosing Detonation over this (my opinion; don't kill me Dx).Row 4Basic Magic Training
Permanently increases your magical attack power.
- Max.Siege Shelling
Using this skill will make you enter Siege Mode.
Pressing z in siege mode will make Chung lunge forward and strike with the Destroyer, ending the siege mode.
Pressing x in siege mode will make Chung fire his Destroyer at any opponent within the range. Chung can fire a maximum of 7 shots (the 7th will deal double damage, but knock down the opponent).
- This skill is great. Use it in combos, or as a catcher. What's better is that this skill practically doesn't cost any mana (being in siege mode continuously drains mana, but the shots quickly recover that mana anyway), so you can basically deal great damage for free!Row 5Shield Accelerator
Increases your physical and magical defense by 30% for a duration of time.
- I recommend taking this or Magic Accelerator only if you have spare SP points to spend and don't want to invest on Aiming Shot.Detonation
(Special Active) *Prerequisite: Scare Chase*
Rush forward and plunge the Destroyer into opponents, then blast them with a series of powerful cannon blasts.
*Skill Note: Finished Modifications*
Increase damage by 25% and reduce ammo consumption by 1.
- I personally love this skill. It's similar to the final part of xxzx combo, only better, stronger, and turned to a skill. Great for bossing and as a combo finisher.Row 6Power Accelerator
Increase your physical attack by 20% for a certain period of time.
- Not really recommended to get since almost all of your skills will be magic-based.Magic Accelerator
Increase your magical attack by 20% for a certain period of time.
- This skill is great to add that extra kick in your skills and combos. Later on, however, this buff will be overshadowed by the stronger kicking Magic Adrenaline. I'd say get this only if you have spare SP.Advanced Siege Shelling
(Passive) *Prerequisite: Siege Shelling*
Increase the range and damage of Siege Shelling. Also gives a certain chance of not consuming ammo when firing in Siege Mode.
- This passive makes the already awesome Siege Shelling even more awesome. Max.Row 7Gigantic Impact
Chung jumps high into the air, then rockets forward, impacting the ground so it creates a small earthquake.
- This skill requires aiming, and, in order to deal max damage, you must hit the opponent almost directly where you land. Even the max damage isn't that good, anyway. Aceldama
Chung fires several missiles on the air, then rains them down on the map.
- This skill is great for huge bosses because of their massive hitbox. On individual targets, however, this skill is just... bad... Overall, this skill is just too situational.Row 8Aiming Shot
Take a quick aim and fire at the nearest target in front of you.
*Skill Note: Property Bullet*
3 times more likely to activate elemental attributes
- Mediocre damage and instantly knocks down. Optional to take.