Understanding The Common Mistakes
There are many mistakes players made playing the game, I listed them as warnings for you to pay strict attention to so you can understand how to avoid them.
Picking the warframe
When you first enter the game you will be able to choose from 3 warframes. Keep in mind that stealth gives bonus damage. Any warframe can charge in and do whatever they want with their own equipment, but it's how you use the abilities that make the character unique.
Volt A eletronic base warframe that works great against machine type enemies.
- Shock Launches a shocking projectile. It stuns and deals high damage to a single target and chains damage to nearby enemies.
- Speed Energizes his body and nearby Warframes, giving them increased speed and dexerity for a short time.
- Eletric Shield Deploys an obstacle of energy, providing cover in any situation.
- Overload Emits an energy field, destroying lights and other eletronics which will violently explode and damage nearby enemies.
Excalibur Warframe for close combat (Easiest to start with and is considered one of the best)
- Slash Dash Can be used while jumping, sliding, forward flipping, wall running or clinging to a wall to flash enemies forward.
- Radial Blind Emits a bright flash of light, blinding all enemies in a small radius for several seconds.
- Super Jump Excalibur launches into the air, jumping 3 times higher than normal.
- Radial Javaline Launches javelins towards enemies, dealing high damage and impaling the target enemy into walls.
Mag Warframe has multiple situational skills, with a good damage aoe.
- Pull can help bring afks in defense missions into the qualify area. They can also help grab teammates and bring them to extract point quickly.
- Shield Polarize Restores or depletes the shields of the target, depending on whether it is friend or foe.
- Bullet attractor is a great skill because it makes a bubble around a targeted enemy, so if other enemies/teammates shoot and hit the bubble it will register damage on the target.
- Crush is a very good AOE that does alot of damage, when you level it up it will increase its radius alot!
You start off with 50 platinum
Do not waste platinum on revives.
- The 4 revives are attached per warframe.
- They also reset every day.
$ Only Items
- Slots - Warframe * Weapons
- Colors - Smoke * Fire * Storm * Saturated
- Cosemetics - Sentinal Attachements
Items obtainable in-game:
- Orokin Catalyst/Reactor
Weapon slots cost 12 platinum for 2
Warframe slots costs 20 platinum each
Possible Combinations with the 50 platinum
2 Warframe 0 Weapons = 4 Warframe slots 8 Weapon slots
1 Warframe 2 Weapons = 3 Warframe slots 10 Weapon slots
0 Warframe 4 Weapons = 2 Warframe slots 12 Weapon slots
Importance of Skill Mods
Once you have chosen a warframe you will get 4 mods (skills) for that warframe. Be careful to not accidently fuse those cards together or you will lose very rare skills to acquire and will take several hours to get back.
Start by going to your Arsenal. Once you do that you will notice alot of icons on the screen. Look for the wrench under the warframe or weapons. Once you click one of the wrenchs you will have a few pages of mods. Use the numbers to navigate through them. Now drag and drop the mod you want into one of the 8 slots.Note:
- If you match the symbols on the mod to the ones on the slot you will get 1/2 reduction in required and it will show you this by displaying a blue number.
- If you do not match the symbols on the mod to the ones on the slot you will get incrased points required and it will show you this by displaying a red number.
Remember when you mod weapons your card is equipped to them. They will not display if you go to the mod screen in the Aresenal page. So make sure to navigate to the weapon you want to upgrade and access mod page from there. Your equipped mods will be highlighted, upgrade them by combining similar mods (not) different mods. When you first start the game it is very important to only combine duplicates.
- Make sure to unequip mods before switching it out for another one, it will save you credits/duplicates to just max them one at a time.
Stary by going to your Arsenal. Now click one of the 8 boxes in the Gear window. Now you will be in the menu. Click what items you want and put them into the slots.
To use them in-game click Q and select it with the mouse.
- You cannot customize your warframes or weapons
- You can paint them any combination of colors for your warframe and weapons.
- You can find alternative helmets from either alert missions or buying them from the market
- Using an alternative helmet will change some stats.
Generally when farming you always look for a place that offers as much as that particular resource as possible. However there is some exceptions when you consider exp like if you got alot of items to level and want to also look for materials.
When farming with friends make sure to follow the same path when breaking things or the materials will disappear.
- When you get blueprints it will tell you what resources you need in order to build the item
- Blueprints that don't show up in the market are found in alert missions.
- You can craft multiple things at once
Finding a Clan
There are a few ways you can get into a clan.
1. Looking for one in region chat.
2. Being invited while playing
3. Create one with friends
Generally you should look for a clan you feel comfortable and can freely express yourself. Its best if the clan is active and always helpful with whatever issues you are having.
Hosts/Hosting - Peer 2 Peer
- If you lag terribly leave the game, to avoid the possiblity of a disconnect because of the host.
- Since you are most likely joining a friend, or hosting for a group of people lag will not be terrible.
- If lag is terrible find someone in the group of friends/clan to host for everyone.
- Always wait till people join your party because the timer will start even if you are alone when selecting a location.
- Solo you will not lag because you are hosting for yourself unless your hardware is out of date.
Rewards for Missions
You have a chance of getting blueprints from bosses and secret alert missions.
- When you complete a mission you will get credits + any blueprints you aquired..
- If you die or don't make it to extraction but team still completes the mission you only get mods/blueprints not credits.
- If the team fails the mission you get nothing but the combat exp (not bonus exp yellow bar)
Note: You don't always get a blueprint this is simply the several different results that can occur.