This item has been removed from the community because it violates Steam Community & Content Guidelines. It is only visible to you. If you believe your item has been removed by mistake, please contact Steam Support.
This item is incompatible with Garry's Mod. Please see the instructions page for reasons why this item might not work within Garry's Mod.
Current visibility: Hidden
This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator.
Current visibility: Friends-only
This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins.
Not enough ratings
(OUTDATED) How to configure Garry's Mod for Hammer Editor.
By Wilbur Cobb
(THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE) This will teach you how to configure Source SDK to work with Garry's Mod files in stead of just using CS: Source or something which would be fine but if you want to add custom textures, sounds, or even props its best to use the Garry's Mod main folder. Key words are in ().
STEAM is converting all of their content to STEAM pipe, so be warnned this might not work anymore do to the fact there is no GCF files anymore and Hammer Editor can't read .VPK format very well. Valve will most likely fix it by updating Hammer Editor.
If you try to fix it you may recive this error (Failed to load the default scheme file. The map views maybe missing some visual elements.) so there is no point in trying.
Starting the configure process
1. Start Source SDK and beside (Engine Version:) select (MP).
2. Select any game beside (Current Game:).
3. Now open hammer and at the top you will find (Tools).
4. Select (Tools) and open (Options).
5. At the top of the options menu you will see tabs make sure you are at the (Game Configurations) tab.
6. On the top of the tab you will find (Edit) beside the name of the of the game you picked.
7. Click (Edit) and then click (Add) on the new menu that pops up.
8. Put any name you like preferably (Garry's Mod) in the new menu that pops up.
Setting the main configuration options
9. Beside (Game Data files) click (Add)
10. Now in the browser navigate to ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod) and look for (garrysmod.fgd) and add it HINT: You can add any (.fgd) files you like just make sure you have the (garrysmod.fgd) and you should add the (halflife2.fgd) as well because Garry's Mod uses the Half-Life 2 entities.
11. Under (Default PointEntity class:) select what ever you want to be the starting selected entity preferably (info_player_start).
12 Under (Default SolidEntity class:) select what ever you want to be the starting solid brush to be when you do Ctrl+T preferably (func_detail).
13. Beside (Cordon texture:) select what ever you want to be the starting texture when making brushes preferably (tools/toolsskybox).
14. Under (Game Executable Directory) put ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod).
15. Under (Game Directory) put ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod).
16. Under (Hammer VMF Directory) put ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps). HINT: You can make the (Hammer VMF Directory) any were you like
Editing the (Build Programs) tab
17. At the top of the options menu you will find the (Build Programs) tab click it. HINT: Becareful to make sure that under (Configuration:) in the (Build Programs) tab to have the right mod name selected because you will mess up some other game's configuration if you have it selected.
18. Under (Game executable:) put ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod\hl2.exe)
19. Under (BSP executable:) put ($SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe)
20. Under (VIS executable:) put ($SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe)
21. Under (RAD executable:) put ($SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe)
22. Under (Place complied maps in this directory before running game:) put ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps)
You are done! Don't forget to restart Source SDK. If you have any questions let me know. HINT: if you want the full use of garrys mod props, sounds, and textures google for a program called (GCF Scape) this program will alow you to take all the files out of the (garrysmod content.gcf) and put them in your ($SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod) for use in source sdk