Recent reviews by Zettazest

Ah yes, this game. The one with the Steam page you click on several times wondering if you should buy it or not, the game itself bringing you in, the community drawing you away, paranoid you might become one of them.

You're not alone, oh no, far from it. I felt the same way at one point. Then I decided, "screw it, I'm buying the game". So I did. I have owned this game for a couple weeks now. To date, I have not drawn any fanart or written any fanfiction about it. Hell, I don't even have a DeviantArt account. But the community aside, let's look at the game itself.

Undertale is quite good, yet doesn't deserve all the hype it got. It's a nice, tasteful indie game, with quite a bit of silliness and humour added. Some being childish (groan), some being fanbase exclusive (sarcastic "oh boy"), but most of it being something you can at least get a little chuckle out of.

The music is really good. It uses a mixture of 8-bit and orchestral instruments meshed together oh so perfectly. This game would definitely be nothing without it.

The "story-rich" story isn't very rich at all. It's still good though. To sum it up without spoilers, it's about a kid who went exploring on their own to a mountain everyone knows is inhabited by monsters. Thus begins your journey through a strange new world, wondering if you'll ever go back.

The graphics? Bootleg-grade. Solid colours and poorly drawn sprites (except for the characters) everywhere. But don't let that stop you from buying this game. Seriously, why does such a little thing as graphics matter when you've got a nice story, nice tunes, and nice characters?

Overall, I give this game a...
??/10

"What? An unknown rating? Why?"
Because I know a lot of you will think differently than I will about this game and that's okay. I know that opinions on this will differ from person to person. Truth of the matter is, if you don't mind a short, silly, yet still tasteful game that may not always make sense, then this game is for you. If you want a game that isn't as silly and makes more sense, I'd suggest leaving this game out of your library.

Honestly, I cannot decide how this game should be rated. There's a variety of positives, yet a variety of negatives as well. I'm recommending it though because it's definitely not garbage, that's for sure.

In conclusion, you did good, Mr. Fox, and I'm sorry this game got way more popular than you wanted it to be. Have a cookie. You deserve it.
Posted December 17, 2016.
No ratings yet
Well, I've played through the whole game, and let me just say that it's one of the most violent, yet awesome games I have ever played.

The story is kind of hard to follow, but it's good and full and it all makes sense at the end.

The graphics are, of course, really amazing. There are a lot of hot colours (red, orange and yellow). Makes sense, it's DOOM.

The music is really electronic with barely any other instruments at all. I can't complain about it, but it kind of draws the game away from the original DOOM.

So, in conclusion:
Story: 7/10 because it's kind of hard to follow but it all makes sense.
Music: ??/10 I can't judge it
Graphics: 10/10 although it could have had more variety in colour
Gameplay: 10/10 because it feels fine and fluent

Overall, I give this game a 10/10. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Keep up the good work, Bethesda.
Posted August 6, 2016.
No ratings yet
I would go ahead and say something positive about this game, but it reminds me too much of the games I make and not share with anyone. I'm not going to get too insight-y. Also, I feel I shouldn't rate a collage of games that weren't supposed to be shared. All I'll do is click on the "Yes" button and the "Post review" button.
Posted October 27, 2015.
No ratings yet
Despite losing a hundred times, the game is still excellent.
It does not pay all its attention to its difficulty. It pays more attention to the beauty.
The music, art, story and shooting patterns all blend so perfectly.
However, half the time I can't tell what the voice is trying to say.

9/10
Posted September 25, 2015.
No ratings yet
Usually kids' games fall into 2 categories; rushed because kids won't tell the difference between good and bad as long as it has their favorite character(s) in it, or beautifully done so kids will enjoy it the most. In this case, the game falls into the "beautifully done" category.

In comparison with the original NES game, the story, music, and levels got tweaked a little bit, but personally, I feel it's better that way.

There are some new levels and voice dialogue now, both of which are just fine. There are also new music tracks, which is to be expected with new levels, and let me tell you how good those tracks are:

-They fit the levels they play in very well
-They are not only good, they are epic, a quality which I never thought would be in a kids' game

As for the old music:

-They keep some of the 8-bit quality and put new instruments in the mix
-They don't totally ruin the songs

I can tell that the art and animation got focused on a lot during production. In the end, it's all very good and appealing to the eye.

Even though some of the enemies are a pain in the butt, it's still fun to play somehow. My hypothesis is that it's the magic of Disney.

So whether you're playing for nostalgic purposes or just want something nice, light and fun to play, I would recommend this.

10/10. You never fail me, Capcom.
Posted August 27, 2015.
No ratings yet
At first I thought it was just about dodging walls and awesome music.

Now I realise it's much more than that.

The triangle which you play as wanders aimlessly on a hexagonal plane dodging trapezoids that fall towards it. It realizes it has no friends and only obstacles, and yet even still it tries its best to dodge as many as it can. Try as it might, it will not succeed the first time. It makes you wonder what motive it has to make it through even a minute of this madness. The answer is simple:

It is a thunderous feeling of courage in its heart. It will not give up on its quest to impress even though no one is there to watch. It will prove it is the mightiest of all triangles to ever exist.

Yes, this game is a dangerous and epic quest with a lot of story behind it that just makes you want to shout,

"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! I DIED AGAIN?"

10/10 best trapezoid dodging simulator I've ever played.
Posted August 4, 2015.
There isn't much to the story, but it makes enough sense to get the general idea of the game. I'd say one of the best things in the game is the music. It redefines NES music. Way more chords and bass drums; enough for it to be awesome, but not overused. The amount of humor is incredible for a game that was designed to be very challenging. It gets me stressed, but just enough to influence me to keep going. The references to the bad games James reviewed are everywhere and the bosses are even bigger references. I had a lot of fun playing this and would definitely recommend it to anyone who's up for a challenge.

The story: 4/5 because it relates to the AVGN show's logic and humor perfectly, however it's so simple.

The music: 5/5 because it's just so awesome and I can't get it out of my head.

The gameplay: 4/5 because almost everything is fair and the controls aren't awkward at all.

The characters: 5/5 because each character has their own personality, they relate to the show perfectly and they all serve a purpose somewhere in the game.

Overall rating: 5/5. Excellent game that makes me want to try again and again. Great work!
Posted May 24, 2015.
No ratings yet
The art and music were just fine, but those are the least of your worries when it comes to a good game. What makes a good game "good" is the story and gameplay. The gameplay is less important and can be easy to ruin if not given a bit of thought. Thankfully, this game doesn't do that...a lot. The gameplay was multiple-choice answers to questions and I don't mind that. Sometimes I'll be given questions I can't answer correctly and some that have the character reply in the same way regardless of what answer you chose. I can deal with one or two of these. This game has too many. Sometimes I didn't know where I was supposed to go because there was no information given to me so I just had to guess. I ended up guessing incorrectly -- I'll talk about that later. Now the story is the most important part of a game. It makes up most of the game and is easy to ruin. The characters are the worst part of the game and don't even care that they ruin the story. Some are unnecessary. Others are just plain annoying. As I said, I ended up guessing incorrectly and got the bad ending (they declined my help). However, they say I'm the only one that can help. If they needed me that desperately they would've accepted me in the first place! The worst part is that I've only played for fifteen minutes! I'm not sure what happens if I do get accepted, but judging from the characters' personalities and obvious frequent sexual themes, I'm not willing to find out. The art: 4/5 because although the animation might not have been good, the backgrounds in the game were excellent. The music: 3/5 because it's not bad, it's not good, but it's bearable. The gameplay: 2/5 because sometimes I would get confused and sometimes there were unnecessary parts. The story: 1/5 because it just went nowhere and made no sense. Overall, I rate this game 2/5. Nice attempt, but better luck next time.
Posted May 6, 2015. Last edited May 6, 2015.
No ratings yet
This game, during the first days, looked like it was going to be easy, but as the game progressed I had no idea it was going to be so stressful! First, you always have to keep an eye out for forgeries, mistakes and other discrepancies. Second is the pay which is at an all-time low, so it makes it quite hard to feed your family. Third is all these offers from other people claiming that they will give you money, but sometimes, you can't accept because then your job would be at stake. But hey, that's what makes the game so fun! The part that stands out to me most though, is that at every ending, it says "Glory to Arstotzka.", which I've found can have different meanings depending on how the game ends. If ended in criminalization, "Glory to Arstotzka." can mean, "You don't deserve to be a part of Arstotzka. Glory to the rest of us.". If ended in doing your job well, it can mean, "You are accepted as one of us. Glory to all of us, including you." Three words that say the same thing, but mean different things. This game is definitely worth playing.

Glory to Arstotzka.