By Joining the Pandora Trade Alliance you agree to the rules listed within the summary
1) No constructing and spreading of constructed gear whatsoever.
2) No Duplicating of gear for any reason.
3) No trading with ANYONE outside of the trade alliance.
4) New members are not permitted to trade any items aquired prior to joining the alliance.
5) Members may choose to simply devote one thier characters to the alliance, or their entire profile. I
6) Certain methods of obtaining gear through a PTA character are prohibited. Exploits and cheat engines are outlawed. Detailed below.
Grey Areas: A Primer on What Is and Isn't an Exploit
While adventuring in the Borderlands, you may have come across some methods of farming gear that might
seem a little like exploits. This guide aims to provide concrete guidelines to fall back on as to what is
considered a violation of Rule 6 of the PTA Ruleset.
In general, no programs that modify game memory while the game is running are allowed. This means no:
- 4-Player Slider
- No Cheat Engine based programs
- No memory hacks to force spawn bosses, etc.
No Save Editing allowed, except in the exceptional circumstances of repairing a save file damaged by
We all want to get that perfect reward from a quest. Thus, we allow farming of quests, but some
guidelines must be followed, depending on the method used:
- The "Alt-F4" Method: The most common method of farming a quest.
- The "Multi-Run" Method: A faster, but more open to abuse, method of quest farming. The user creates
multiple copies of save files to run the quest repeatedly.
Regardless of method used, a member is only entited to keep ONE (1) reward from farming the quest per
The "Moonshot Farming" Trick
This Legendary can be farmed in much the same manner as a quest reward, so it has been
decided that it will be governed by the same rules as for Quest Farming: farm until you get the one you want,
keep that one, then lock the quest in as complete forevermore for that character. You want a second reward, you
use another character and do the quest again.
The "DLC1 Treasure Vault" Glitch
Accessing the Treasure Room found in the Leviathan's Lair in DLC1 is not allowed.
The "DLC1 Seraph Date-Adjustment" Trick
Exploiting this is not allowed; unlike Terramorphous, the
developers' intent was clearly to only have them killable once per day.
7) It is encouraged, but not required, that items being traded are posted in the official PTA threads, via screen shot.
8) When posting new trade threads members must mark the thread with the alliance initials PTA. Example; "PTA: Gothalion's Wares" or "PTA: Looking for a Hide of Terramorphous"
9) Playing in public/random matches online requires vigilance.
10) If a weapon is suspected of dropping outside of the game's loot tables, membership will be revoked.