Posted: Dec 23, 2017 @ 3:03am
Updated: Dec 23, 2017 @ 3:05am

I said I wouldn't leave a review on this game as its too early in development, but that made me think about the direction the devs have taken to release the game in this pre-alpha state and as such i feel i have to vote it down.

The game does have potential for sure, but we are still months (if not years) away from the game we were promised. At the moment the games graphics look pretty decent, and the noises the zombies make when they see you are awesome! Unfortunately thats the only good things the game has to offer so far...

The models for both players and zombies are already dated and the animations are worse, the sound of other players walking sounds like an elephant stomping of bubble wrap!
The combat is incredibly clunky, where zombies can hit you without actually touching you, whereas your attacks will sometimes go through the zombie but not register as a hit.

Loot is currently bugged and the unofficial work-around is to logout on a bed, then rejoin the server so it forces loot to spawn in (though this isnt perfect as even relogging is bugged so the game spawns you randomly elsewhere).

The main reason for my negative review though is the core gameplay, EVERY feature that got players excited for the game isnt in yet. There are no vehicles, you cannot barricade buildings, eletricity (i think) is in but in a very limited form and there are no animals to hunt for food. The game is essentially a walking simulator where you occasionally have to run from zombies.

People may hate on this review saying "its pre-alpha etc etc" but that excuse is simply not good enough, at almost £20 on steam, people should be getting a more complete game for their money. I dont know why the devs didnt release this build on their website to backers, we could then play/test the game and help to get it to an actual alpha state, where the core gameplay mechanics at least work in some form.
I've seen other developers say pre-alpha gameplay shouldn't be seen by players, "companies dont like to show that stage" but apparently STN didn't get that memo.

Save your money folks, set a standard for early access games before it gets worse.
Sir.Nerdbane Dec 28, 2017 @ 5:30pm
reading this review is exactly how I thought the game would be from the footage ive seen. Game looks so lifeless and pretty much pointless, as you say the price is not realistic for what content is on offer. Games half this price in the same genre offer so much more. +1 to the review.
MrTrippy Dec 24, 2017 @ 2:24am
Never thought of that..
Hannibal Lamb Dec 23, 2017 @ 4:50pm
Banned for showing how the bugged the game was and asked why the video wasnt matching the game.

Report the game for not matching store videos and false advertising. You can do it on the store page with the flag.
GobboKirk Dec 23, 2017 @ 11:55am