Tired of the complaints of L4D2? Join this group to rival them!
(Original profile by The Bait)
Left 4 Dead 2 has been announced for a release in November, less than a year after the original. Is this an odd choice? Sure it is. Is it a BAD choice? That's debatable. Did the announcement make you ANGRY? Now you've gone too far!
Obviously, people are pretty angry about this. But WHY? You have your knitpicks, your dislikes, and you wish they didn't release it so soon. But it isn't like Valve is FORCING you to buy it! If you don't like it, then just don't get it! It's that simple! Stick with the original L4D.
Now to address said knitpicks.
- New characters. I'll agree, I liked the first 4 better, but Valve said they had something planned for them, and may even make more survivors in the future!
- Updates for L4D were promised. If you read some of the interviews, Valve has stated that they WILL still be releasing updates and DLC to the first game! They may not be as many as TF2, but not many other games update as frequently either! Look at any other game. UT3 took a few years just to get the Titan update to it!
- Where is HL2: Ep3? It will be released in time. Each episode was a bit far between in release dates, and if you're a fan of HL more than L4D consider this: They quickly released L4D2, but will take more time on HL2: Ep3. This proves that the quality will be great, given the alloted time given to Valve. Also, L4D2 will bring in a profit, giving Valve a bigger budget for creating this game!
- 40,000 members have joined the L4D2 Boycott! Good for them. If they don't like the game, they won't buy it. But I challenge ANYONE who enjoyed L4D as much as I did not to TRY playing L4D2 out of curiosity, or just outright buy it!
Now for the upsides!
- 5 New (Connecting!) Campains! And, the possibility of including the original 4 Campains!
- Finales aren't just "hold out and wait for rescue", it's "get your ass across the highway to rescue"! Think about it, how many times have you played a Versus match where one team died at the start of the finale, and the other team held out until rescue was about to arrive, then died, but BOTH teams got 200 points? Well, distance can now be measured for fair gameplay!
- More infected types! Both special AND common!
- Better gore effects! Who can resist bloodier zombies with more places to "gib"? Not me!
- Many more, but no space left to say it all :P
Since the boycotters finally saw the light, this group will be used to update you on L4D2 News. SO JOIN!