L4D2 is unbaned http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/5b6ebdff7f5b9a24ca2575ca00062226/981b9f23b74dbc0aca2576480057fedc!OpenDocument
High impact violence, says the Classification Board. That’s the reason why you won’t be playing Left 4 Dead 2 when it’s released in November throughout the world… except in Australia.
the news is that Left 4 Dead 2 had been refused classification in Australia.
We have contacted both EA and Valve for comment and will update you as soon as we have more information.
THE REASONS WHY ITS BANNED;
* The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons aged under 18 to play.
* It notes that this violence is “inflicted upon ‘the Infected’ who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently.”
* The report singles out the use of melee weapons as those that “inflict the most damage” and cause “copious amounts of blood spray and splatter (sic), decapitations and limb dismemberment… or even cause intestines to spill from the wounds.”
* In conclusion, the Board finds that the “interactive nature of the game increases the overall impact of the frequent and intense depictions of violence. This coupled with the graphic depictions of blood and gore combine to create a playing impact which is high.”
* Interestingly, the report also reveals that it wasn’t a unanimous decision and that “a minority of the Board is of the opinion that the violence is strong in playing impact and therefore warrants an MA15+ classification” instead. However, the majority voted to refuse classification.
"Australia doesn't like more than one number in a game name.
And this is why there are no violence and murder in Australia. Because the citizens are protected and their eyes are shielded by virtual violence from the government.
What the hell would people do if they were forced to be subjected to suggestive themes?
I for one, do not want to know, the more bans you pass the better.
Joking? I don't see how you can't understand. PEOPLE NEED TO BE PROTECTED FROM THIS KIND OF STUFF.
Look at all the studies. No I won't link them, but I ASSURE you they exist. Violent video games lead to violent behavior, and are the one of the top contributors to our societal problems. Just like other forms of media are.
When people are controlled and limited in what they are allowed to see, they are naturally good natured and not prone to violence.
Just look in the past, not NEARLY as much atrocities were committed as they were now. Especially in governments that protected their citizens minds, like Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany."