Planetside and Planetside 2 put games like COD, GOW and other FPS games to shame. This game is how MMO FPS should be, player skill vs player skill. Forget getting Confined in some sissy 64 player sized maps. This game has you fighting for entire continents with your friends and allies.
I came back to DOW2: Retribution after a long hiatus and I can honestly say: I would NOT recommend this game to anyone.
1. You can play 6 of the Warhammer races in campaign and multiplayer
2. Co Op campaign with a friend
3. custom color your army for multiplayer
4. new DLC
5. The Last Stand is fun
1. The multiplayer take far to long to find game.
2. The races are always unbalanced, despite the amount of updates released.
3. The units LEVEL UP makes it impossible to fight back or even start a counter attack near the game's end.
4. Campaign is linear and has the same story arch, with no variation for either race.
5. All campaign maps FORCE you to go in ONE direction, unlike previous DOW 2 titles which were wide and open
6. People who bought hte Collector's Edition were cheated out of their money for rubbish cards and small poster. For the same price I expect an art book, a soundtrack or more.
7. units are expensive, you spend more time managing them than playing the game
I search through Steam to find the original and find only the DLC and other boring elements.
I'll make this short and to the point:
1. The campaign sucks - its too short and linear and each race is just the same thing and doesn't offer any of the good qualities found in the first DOW 2.
2. A rip off - I paid money for a Collector's Edition that wasn't even worth all the hype or my money and it just pisses me off still.
3. multiplayer - the only possible saving grace of the game its just not strong enough or compelling enough too really save the game.
Not worth your money, time or consideration. It's a poor excuse for a game. It looks and feels like a very lazy and poor attempt at continuing the series. I have enjoyed games from Relic in the past, BUT this was and is a BIG dissapointment. I don't know why, who or what brought Relic too make such a poor game, but there is no excuse for the lack of quality presented in the game. It is insulting to the fanbase and the company.