Posted: Oct 18, 2014 @ 11:02pm
Updated: Oct 21, 2014 @ 12:05am

Welcome to a fresh take on an old formula. Much of the strategy takes place before a battle ever begins. Who gets which item, which row to place your units in, and who goes on the flank. Never before has initiative been so important. Support units are no longer a bonus, they are a real strategic necessity.

Notice how every game of M&M or King's Bounty turns into a combat grind that keeps you from finishing the game? You will not get that here. Combat is quick, and you no longer spend half the battle jockeying for position. I don't know about you, but that combat fatigue eventually wore me down, and I always eventually found my desire to play the game diminish as the thought of another half hour battle almost had me in tears.

Enjoy strategy and combat that does not dominate the game. Here you get a well written story, with many hard choices and a real touch of human nature where good and evil are not always easy to distinguish.

The developers care about this game to a degree which sets them apart from most other games. Legends of Eisenwald is a wonderful game, with a compelling story no strategy fan should overlook.