Posted: Jun 22, 2016 @ 10:30pm
Updated: Jun 24, 2016 @ 12:17pm

Unlike the other reviews, I'll talk about the actual gameplay instead of knee jerk reactions to a lewd anime game. This game is a disappointment. Obviously this was cashed in as a huniepop clone, and fails to understand what made it entertaining. The premise is great, but that's all.

For being a match 3 game, it's very hard, but for the wrong reasons. Unlike others in its genre, you're able to move your pieces anywhere. I dislike this because you can't predict how the blocks will move on the board, giving you bad outcomes. There appears to be a time limit to how long you can hold a piece before it automatically lets go. This is even more problematic when you're doing timed puzzles.

Know how huniepop has broken hearts? This mechanic is here in the form of Skulls. Unlike huniepop, the default difficulty off the bat gives you an immense amount of them. Seriously, they're EVERYWHERE. Matching skulls makes you lose a turn. Which is vital since I'm allowed anywhere from 11-14 turns on the starting difficulty.

This brings up another issue, you get very few points, even by matching many blocks. Each pair of girls has a favourite block color. If you match these, you get more points. Then there are matchable hearts, enabling FEVER. This lets you get more points for a match + combos.

Due to the extremely low turn count and absurdly low points for matching anything but a favourite block, you have only one way to win. You allow RNG to give you a board with enough of their favourite block with enough hearts. You try to arrange them (if you can get around the endless amount of skulls) to setup a huge combo, then enable fever. Either that, or turn down the difficulty.

Music wise, it's grating and annoying, or just tolerable. During Sora's scenario (brown-haired brocon) it only played one annoying track the whole time. All the while Sora is screeching "Ganbatte!" the same way, every time I don't make a move for 5 seconds. It was super annoying, I ended up muting my audio.

Dialogue choices are obvious, so you never have to guess which is the right one.

The Adult Patch is a joke, and re-uses the exact same CGs from Pure Girl and Innocent Girl. These are the games the girls come from. They couldn't be bothered to make new artwork, it appears everything is recycled.

Unlike huniepop, there is no way to refund your turns, so the sentimental blocks are gone. There are no gifts, no food, no date questions, no shop. It's a cash-in with no character, and no thought put into its mechanics.

Update: They released an easy mode patch, which I'm told trivializes the game. But this doesn't change my opinion, because there's still very little to this game, there's no effort and passion. It's still a cheap cash-in. I'm also told that this plays like a supposedly popular game (which I'd never heard of) called "Puzzles & Dragons". Some people very familiar with how that game works, claims this is trivial even without a difficulty change.

Even though my review doesn't fully emphasize it, the fact this game is featureless and possesses none of the things which make Huniepop fun, it's still not worth your time. The people coming to play this game, will be coming from Huniepop, or are the minority group who think anything with waifu's is worthy of praise. If you came from Huniepop, look elsewhere. If you're the minority waifu brigade, this review doesn't matter.
ColossalIC Aug 19, 2016 @ 4:55pm
I think this is the most retarded game I've ever seen in my entre life.
I couldn't believe how someone could made a HuniePop clone this bad. It really is a sight to behold.
MλXX [PA-D] (◕‿◕✿) Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:05pm
Thank god there are smart weebs in this animu community bullshit and not just filled with lonely horny neckbeards wanting to see some anime pussy. You are appreciated "Theodore Swaggums."
ffleader1 Jun 24, 2016 @ 2:28am
Oh, but could you update the info about the patch into your reviews. I mean just to be fair though, they did try to improve it, and people should be informed about the patch.
ffleader1 Jun 24, 2016 @ 2:24am
Hmm...okay, that's fair though. Thank you.
Theodore Swaggums (Anime V1.30) Jun 24, 2016 @ 2:17am
Thanks for letting me know, but my problems with the game are deeper than that. I didn't emphasize these in my review, but no shop, no items, no dating sim elements at all, no progression system, are a big deal. As a whole, the production values and effort put into the game are extremely low and it shows. Even if the gameplay were fun and more thought out, you could blow through this in one sitting if you've played match 3 a bit before.

Basically this game is being marketed like huniepop, and that's what people are looking at this game for. Since it totally misses the elements which make that entertaining, it's still a negative review from me.
ffleader1 Jun 24, 2016 @ 2:08am
Well. They have a difficulty-changing patch. So I think you may want try it out and gauge...is it worth to change the vote. I am not their fan but I am surprised that they actually listen to feedback.
Noboty Jun 23, 2016 @ 7:56pm
I thank you. I was about to pull the trigger, but I am torn now.
UnLuckyCat Jun 23, 2016 @ 6:55pm
That much is true.
Theodore Swaggums (Anime V1.30) Jun 23, 2016 @ 6:54pm
Regardless of difficulty, it's still a bad game and a complete hollow shell. There's nothing here.
K E I T H Jun 23, 2016 @ 6:25pm