0.0 hrs last two weeks / 3,684.1 hrs on record
Posted: Feb 28, 2016 @ 6:46pm
Updated: Jun 7, 2016 @ 2:56pm

Several months ago, I wrote a review for this game and said that I have not abandoned my willingness to change this game for future players.

Now I have.

In the past, I talked about the various changes this game could use because I cared enough to believe this game can be improved. I truly thought there was hope for improvement. This game left me with nothing more than disappointment for my own inadequacy to change it, and the frustration that it has been left unchanged. With no omission of detail, I will describe all the injustices of this game I have endured and eventually, what led to my eventual retirement.

I am a well known player, and I have received numerous achievements including the community's recognition for my candidacy as a moderator. As of this review, it has been about a year since the developer displayed any intentions of enlisting new moderators.

Over the course of two weeks, I built this game's only non linear open-world quest. To compensate for the lack of NPC's in the game, I created makeshift ones with pumpkins and hid signs on every NPC, amounting to over 3000 words of dialogue. This construction received no recognition and the only part of the quest that received any major attention was a large boat that represented the last part of the quest.

I built a tutorial for this game to remake the current one. The current tutorial cannot be considered, in any shape or form, a tutorial. It teaches basic controls, but it omitted the most important and preliminary components of any mandatory tutorial. There were no instructions on how to build, how to obtain gold, or even how to use the shop. Most players are turned away in utter confusion for the game's mechanics. Despite spending well over 40 dollars of premium currency on construction of a new tutorial, the developer declined before I even showed him what I made.

I reconstructed the spawning area for players. The current one is vestigial other than a mild utility of teleport links to two mandatory dungeons; the rest lead to dead cities and abandoned PVP arenas. This too, was declined without a second thought.

I reported two major exploits regarding 9bitmmo (the experimental 3D game viewer).One allows unlimited gold farming and the other allows no-clipping through walls at will. The first was fixed within the day I reported it, and the second has yet to be fixed. The developer has no intention of fixing the second exploit stating simply, "people can already no-clip through more nefarious means". To this day, no-clipping through walls in 9bitmmo leaves all areas open to theft and quest exploitation.

I created this game's first and only Megabuild, a castle that spanned the size of a 6X expanded town. The premium currency spent in its construction approaches well over 500 dollars. The most publicity it received was a visit by the developer and publicity on Facebook, twitter, and the sidebar for about two weeks. No monetary compensation was rewarded for its construction, and a teleport pad was never added to the spawn area for players to visit this place.

I contributed 400 dollars in donations towards the Novemberbit fundraiser event, amounting to 1000 dollars under my name. The only prize for donating this exorbiant amount is a custom item created and implemented under the name of the donator. Ever since the creations of items for the zealous donators of the game, no other items have been added.

What made me quit this game eventually is the ignorance of the developer to sympathize with the players of this game that truly want to make it better for others. If there is criticism to be heard, it falls on deaf ears. It has been over a year since a new building block as added to the game and almost mockingly, the developer still hovers over the forums and regulates posts that criticize the declining state of the game.

Chris_Ramos is correct in his review when stating the incident where two game moderators were banned. It is also true he wrote the Spanish translation for the entire game and for compensation, the developer gave him ONE DOLLAR. Even the head moderator of the game was not granted a response when he sent an email asking for an explanation behind the lack of updates.

The reason he does not improve the game is not because of a lack of time or budget, it is due to his obstinate and outright refusal to do so. What the developer has committed, and is continuing to commit, is no longer within the moral realm of right or wrong. There are players who have donated thousands of dollars to this game and are taken completely for granted, their doubts met with only trivial responses as they ponder the future of the game. It is no longer a morally questionable demeanor, it an ethical crime. Because nothing categorically imperative in his actions can be considered correct; his actions indicate only a betrayal of the players' loyalty and zeal in favor of a personal agenda. In the past I would ask players to play the game before forming a judgment, and to approach it with an open mind. But with the way the game currently is now, it has no future. Not for as long as the players' loyalties are met with an utter betrayal of expectations.
Mr Cuddles ♐ Dec 24, 2016 @ 7:13am
Knowing that this game has more positive ratings than no mans sky makes me want to cry.
your car Dec 24, 2016 @ 3:48am
why do I see the guy below in every single negative review trying to clean up the dev's mess?

I don't understand how the game didn't turn over to negative ranking and is still on mixed ranking
Baeru, the First Wave Sep 14, 2016 @ 11:34am
Onion hey. Sim explained this, his time is more WELLSPENT creating another game rather than updating 8bitMMO. Cause 8bitMMOupdates may be a little fun but he (and me) believes time is much more wellspent creating another game.
Oryza Sativa Aug 11, 2016 @ 4:41am
I love these old player's reviews. now i regret the $15 spent even more.
SomeguyIsKool May 15, 2016 @ 8:55am
hi onion mah spaghetti fell from this srsly just WOW also your right VERY right :8bitmmo:
[ ] Apr 17, 2016 @ 12:00pm
117.7 hrs last two weeks / 3,544.5 hrs on record. k..............
Mr Cuddles ♐ Mar 30, 2016 @ 10:32am
He's making a favor to that shitty broke beta of 2D minecraft for nintendo64
Bigsand Mar 30, 2016 @ 9:00am
and yet when i read this review, you were playing the game!
Onion Feb 28, 2016 @ 10:29pm
What an atrocious waste of spaghetti.
Arkhalis Feb 28, 2016 @ 7:16pm
Holy shit, Twig here. I don't even know what to say, this is amazing! I also dropped my spaghetti!