Recent reviews by Slade Xanthas

If there's anything this game has taught me, it's that you truly havent lived until you've torn a demon's heart out and forcefed it to him.
Posted November 5, 2016.
2,246.3 hrs on record
In all of my grand stupor, I realized I have continually overlooked something without so much as a passing notice: I have never once added this game to any of my favorite games lists. I'm honestly not sure why I haven't; As of the date of this review, I've put in over one-thousand hours on this account, and over four times as much on my old account (that account weighs in at roughly 4500 hours thusfar). Maybe it's the fact that, for whatever reason, I've never really thought of it as a game in its own right. I put countless hours into it in Garry's Mod 9 when it truly still was a modification and purchased Garry's Mod on release on my old account. I've met so many people through this "game"; I could go so far as to say my life would be incredibly different if it wasn't for my countless hours in this. I've drifted from community to community, spending literal years of my life among different cultures in what amounts to an open book full of tools for a game I've barely clocked even a few hundred hours in at most. My friends, almost all of them, can be attributed, directly or indirectly, to me playing this "game". My current and past relationships all were a result from me meeting people or spending time in communities that I had come across while playing this "game". My past insecurities, my current strengths, and my place in life can almost all have their roots traced back to me browsing the internet and finding the comic "Concerned" and picking up the modification used to make that comic.

So, what prevents me from calling this a "game"? Why is it that, for all of what this creation has offered me, can I still not think of this as a "game"? Perhaps it is the fact that it truly was never really a game to me. It was a blank slate; it was a whiteboard on which I myself and many others could express themselves creatively and make whatever they could dream of, engine limits notwithstanding. This, this "game", this modification, this thing has been such a life-altering experience for me. While this may sound ridiculous and childish for most people, I can't express how much gratitude I have for this stupid little free-turned-$10 mod to exist. It gave me better insight into how some things are constructed, it encouraged me to learn how to code and how to script, it started me on the road to server management and website administration, and most of all, it helped fill the void for the years I spent as a teenager upset with my life and brought me some of the closest friends I will ever have. I love this mod, I love this "game", and I love this stupid simple little broken mess that I still find myself playing for countless hours day after day.

In hindsight, I feel as if I was right about never calling it a game and never listing it on my favorite games list, because for the longest time, it was not a game to me; it was the only thing that kept me going.
Posted June 9, 2016. Last edited November 26, 2016.
My childhood is back.
Posted March 20, 2016.
I usually don't speak well of anything Free to Play, as I have had to deal with my fair share of terrible cashgrabs in the past, but this game transcends its own label. I first joined this game around the start of open beta, and it was very, very spotty and questionable at the time. Seeing how much it has progressed impresses me to no end; it is most definitely worthy of the AAA video game label even in its current state of still being in "beta", and has so much polish and so many intricate details that really make it stand out from every single other "Free" game I've played yet. The fantastic movement system, addictive gameplay and crafting system, wonderful orchestral soundtrack, and extremely detailed lore are just a few of the things this game has to offer. At one point, I was forced to play this game against my wishes; now I happily play it on my own and enjoy almost every moment of it.
Posted March 5, 2016.
This is easily and undoubtedly one of the most brilliant games I have ever played in my life. Believe the hype; it is well deserved and well worth every penny you could spend on it.
Posted November 4, 2015. Last edited November 4, 2015.
The only proper modern 6DOF FPS besides the still-in-development Sol Contingency.
Posted October 10, 2015. Last edited December 5, 2016.
Rescinding any previous opinions I have of this game, it's actually pretty fun.
Posted April 21, 2014.