Recent reviews by Skan

< 1  2  3  4  5 >
If there were such thing as a place to scuba dive with perfect diving conditions all of the time, it would be not only visually appealing but it would be like swimming in a fantasy. Thats exactly what this is. You will have fun even if you do not get in the water. I spent time just walking around exploring the first location before getting in the water. Once I got in the water (I will not spoil this) it went from fun to awesome. Underwater is as well detailed as above water. I recommend this to anyone who wants to casually explore underwater. This is also a perfect companion to any other virtual diving you might be doing as there are never too many places to explore. It is multi player so explore with a friend.
Posted May 23.
Getting a new rc car has been a thought that has been tempting me for years. I knew this is what the pros use to practice so I figured I'm not a pro but I can practice too. It took no time at all to realize I do not need a new rc car. There is no longer a desire to get plastic flex tubing to outline the track that surely would have destroyed my backyard and part of the property value. This will not replace real racing but I have no business on a real rc track anyway so this is a win for everyone. The only difference (to me) between the way these cars handle and real rc cars is one is on the screen and looks like a simulator. I recommend this to anyone who is even remotely curious about professional radio controlled cars and trucks for racing. I also recommend this as a supplement to any controller based driving you are doing now. This could also make for interesting "team building" excercises around the office. Single player, multiplayer, vehicle setups, and more make this the complete rc land racing solution. You could just ignore this review and note that Team Associated cars and trucks are in here which is more than reason enough to buy this.
Posted April 27. Last edited April 30.
I did not want to review this. Not because there is anything wrong. It is because it is chess. I like chess. Lots of people like chess. It is not a game that can change drastically or dramatically. It is chess. As long as there is a board with the correct number of squares, the correct number of chess pieces and it all works... there is nothing else to do. I do recommend this to anyone who has not played chess as it will not let you move a piece into a place it cannot go. You can also click a button and learn the history of chess. The interface is easy to navigate. Bumblebee did a nice job at making sure this can be played by as many people as possible. This makes a great addition to the chess games you already have or the perfect chess game to learn how to play. Like math, chess is a universal language. This can help you speak that language fluently. On an important and slightly related sidenote: math and (some form of) chess would be some of the things we have in common with beings from other planets. I also recomend this to anyone who has a checkerboard because you are already half way there. You might as well see what else that thing can do.
Posted April 24.
I thought this review would take alot longer. I expected to open the Leadwerks Engine and be immediatly immersed in frustration. That was not the case. As I told the fine people at Leadwerks, I am not a Developer nor am I involved in the scene in any way. It would seem that Leadwerks might change that. While what I "made" in the 2 or so hours of getting familiar with this amounts to the beginnings of toiletware/uninstall practice, the potential is vast even for someone in my position. That position being one who really has no idea what they are doing. Even if I did manage to master Leadwerks it dawned on me that I would not know what to make. With almost endless possibilities they are all becoming blurred into a single smile. This starts with the traditional 4 view layout. It is almost too much to imagine that almost anything I want can happen in those windows. To keep thoughts like that in check, they have toolbars similar to the ones you are already using in any other program. The included prefabs can get you going a little faster if you are already familiar with the basics. I started (and still am) at the beginning since this is the first game engine I have done anything with. The included tutorials are getting me through anything foriegn at the moment and doing a good job at it. While it may be months before I have anything to show the public, I know that time will not be spent angrily finishing a project in a program I wish I did not have to use. Instead, I will smile at the power that Leadwerks has in an easy to use interface. This review is really for those of you who are thinking about getting Leadwerks but do not want to spend the next 3 years learning it. If You can export an FBX file in whatever you used to make the 3d model, you probably know enough to at least move around in Leadwerks. It is when you get something positioned and hit the play button that the awesome starts. I recommend this to the 3D modelers who want to make interactive animations, games, simulations and almost anything else. If You are not a modeler you can always use free models and/or purchase others. You can make the 3D simulation you always dreamed of. You an create the game that everyone wants to play. Luckily for you they did not use those cheesy phrases or Leadworks might still be just an idea. This is where we cut to a wide shot of me in a Leadwerks T-Shirt giving you a thumbs up. Press X to start.
Posted April 22.
This is deformable vehicle physics at it's finest. It looks good and is enjoyable to drive. You can use a controller, wheel/pedals or keyboard for controls. Both the controller and the wheel settings are configurable. Vehicle customization is easy and intuitive while the track selection is just as pleasant. You can hop right in and go if You choose. You can play with objectives. You can even build your own vehicles with a little external editing. I have seen airplanes and boats that work perfectly. There are not many limitations with this one. I recommend this for the advanced vehicle tinkerer or modeler. I also recommend this to everyone who is into driving simulators and games as this is a perfect companion to anything you are currently driving.
Posted April 19. Last edited April 19.
I have no idea how realistic this is compared to a real truck and I do not care. This is fun. A LOT of fun. With so many reviews before this one, there might not be anything to say that has not been said. They did a great job condensing the areas of the cities that I am familiar with. I'll bet the rest of them are just as good. If for some reason this is the only review you have read of this and are still wondering if you should buy it...stop wondering and add it to the cart. You will not be dissapointed. I recommend this to anyone who already enjoys driving simulators and games. I also recommend this to anyone who is wondering what it is like to drive across america. It will take a while but eventually they will have all the states that are able to be reached via truck. Be careful, the scenery might distract you with it's detail.
Posted April 19.
The ramp caught my interest. When I saw the truck go through the loop I gave them the $2.99 they wanted. This is a fun arcade driving game that allows you to explore various terrain and elevation changes. Parts of it are quite challenging and will build your controller dexterity. I recommend this to those who like to drive casually crazy. I also recommend this to anyone who likes loops and jumps. I think every track needs at least one jump. This has many.

Posted April 19. Last edited May 4.
This is a fast paced vehicular based first person shooter. The Buggy is fast, the upcoming aircraft is fast, the tank is a tank. You have a choice of capturing flags, capturing a train or team deathmatch known as command battle. Teams cannot rescue or return their own flags. That is awesome. While this is in exremely early access at the time of this review, there is already enough functional gameplay to enjoy with others around the globe. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a FPS that is not all about gore and violence. This plays more like a sport than a war or a fight. I also recommend this to anyone who likes to drive crazy and be rewarded for it. You will be rewarded by not having to respawn. Casual or Hardcore, this is a FPS for those that like to engage the opposing team face to face.
Posted April 10. Last edited April 24.
Picture this... someone gently places You in another world. You can go to other worlds from that world. You can make your own worlds if you choose. Other people can visit the worlds you create and you can vist the worlds they create as well. A wise man told me something that can sum this up better. He told me that our purpose is to find our purpose. That seems to be the case with MyWorld. I'd go as far as to say that the staggering potential number of worlds and variations within them make this impossible to "finsh" or "beat" as you can do whatever You want, wherever you want. You can also do nothing. You can do nothing wherever and whenever as well. Play the videos, look at the screen shots, you will get an idea of why this is not the easiest title to review. I mean that in a good way. I recommend this to those who like quests, loot, crafting, building and most imporatly creating a world. Enthusiasts of the pixel graphic, open world sandbox, FPS genre rejoice, this is awesome on the grand scale.
Posted March 30.
For some reason I have always liked to build things. Having built popsiscle stick bridges as a child there was always a part of me that wanted to build real bridges. Due to local safety laws we are not allowed to build public bridges, especially not when and wherever we think they should go. So after some searching and screen shot examination, Bridge! 2 seemed like it might be at least as much fun as building model bridges. It only took a few minutes for that theory to be proven true. Not only can we make bridges, we can make suspension bridges. If You try making a model of a suspension bridge, You will appreciate the smile I have for being able to do it this way instead. So far the bridges I have built with this have been anchored between 2 points. By using WASD or the arrows or even mousing over the edge of the screen you get to see where the bridge is supposed to go. You can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. You can tilt (a little) the perspective by holding the middle wheel button down while moving the mouse. This layout will allow You to look at the beautiful level design. Whoever designed the levels even payed attention to details of non bridge related things. Hats off to You. As for the gameplay, it is a puzzle with the freedom to solve the puzzle in more than one way. If You know an aspiring civil engineer, give them a copy of this. One can never have too many learning tools and this is perfect for those who are interested in the basics of bridge buiding.
Posted March 30.