Recent reviews by SHARKY シャークマン

Kona is an incredible game. I didn't encounter any noticeable bugs/glitches during my gameplay which was definitely a plus, and the game ran without a hitch on my system with no frame drops or lag spikes. While the pauses to load areas was annoying, it never took long enough to really anger me. The English narrator was cast perfectly and really enriched the experience even with Carl being silent I have not played with the French narration turned on since I don't speak a lick of French, so I can't attest to that narration although I have heard it is equally as amazing. Visually, I thought the game was beautiful. The stark difference from the lovely autumn drive Carl is taking before the car accident and the snowy landscape after really did a great job of nailing down how cold Manastan really is as the Wendigo strikes the town. The map is varied and quite interactive, and the feeling of old Canada was nailed down perfectly. The vehicles handled well (finish the snowmobile or you'll have the end sequence quite a lot) and I loved that the AM radio in the truck actually sounded like an AM radio! I'm eagerly looking forward to more installments in the Kona series as the developers say that three more Kona games are on the way.
Posted July 18. Last edited July 18.
I paid $40 Canadian for this (thankfully out of TF2 items and not my actual money) and I have to say I'm extremely underwhelmed. The original voice actors clearly weren't available (or were out of Ubi's price range) for this and were replaced with some just awful actors. The writing is cheesy and unbearable, there are very few missions based around the cop content aside from the open world stuff, and the arrest mechanic is pretty stupid. There have been no improvement to the police vehicle lighting, so they still have particles with zero alpha masking, weird white corona effects for the strobes, ugly Chinese looking knockoff lightbars, and to top it off, very generic ♥♥♥♥♥♥ police markings. On top of that, there are barely any cop vehicles and they're pretty much all sports/supercars. Where the hell is the Dodge Charger, Crown Vic Police Interceptor, Caprice (old or new), Explorer PI Utility, Tahoe, Suburban, Corvette and/or Durango? I was expecting to at least see the AI cruisers for players but no dice. There's option to change the livery to the different ones available to the AI police in game, no option for unmarked/slicktop cruisers and generally just a lack of content for what I paid. Wild Run being included definitely sweetens the deal for me since I didn't own it before, but I really feel cheated. The chases can be fun, but I chose to spec out the Ford Raptor which is a raid police unit, and most of the chases the game invites me to are for Circuit or Perf racers which I can only dream of catching up to. You're also not likely to ever have players backing you up as a cop, and almost always end up in events with 2-4 racers on 1 cop. Not too fun. I know that the developers were trying to not copy Need for Speed too much, but their formula just doesn't work.
Posted December 6, 2016.
Cop outfit looks nothing like the picture. Wasn't all that impressed.
Posted May 11, 2016.
Really fun little game with awesome classic visuals and great sounds! Awesome game for an awesome price!
Posted January 23, 2016.
I've been awaiting this release for a while, I was definitely not disappointed! Absolutely hilarious with great action.
Posted May 28, 2015.
Really fun but unfortunately not as many players anymore.
Posted September 19, 2014.
Addictively fun, amazing fighting, great driving, and even the DLC is good because it's what the community requested. Buy this game with all the DLC when it's on sale, you won't regret it!
Posted July 13, 2014.
Doesn't quite look as good as E3 2012, but still a great game.
Posted June 5, 2014.
Pretty fun, watch the movie first so you don't spoil the plot.
Posted February 14, 2014.
Mod the♥♥♥♥♥♥out of this for a 200/10 game!
Posted January 25, 2014.