Recent reviews by [T4NK]Incredible Wheel of Cheese

Super well-done and accessible take on assembly-level programming. The music fits well and the story is amusing, but not distracting.

I only wish there were more levels -- it only took me a few hours to complete every level. Some kind of custom level feature would be welcome. I can think of a few challenging puzzles that I would like to send to my developer friends.
Posted November 28, 2016.
I've struggled a lot with my opinion of this game because there are some *really* good things about it. There are also some *really* bad things about it.

At this exact moment in time, the good outweighs the bad.

Pros:
+ Crafting system is really polished.
+ Progression from nomad to established base owner is fun, natural, and works really well with the game mechanics.
+ Multiplayer with friends feels like a totally different game. It can be an incredible experience with the right friends.
+ Zombies are smart enough to pose a risk to the uninitiated, but dumb enough that you can fend off huge groups of them if you plan ahead.

Cons:
- Very poorly optimized. I have an i7-4770k and a GTX 980 and running on max settings gives me 20-30 FPS with regular dips into the low teens. I can get display-capped 144 FPS consistently on much more graphically-demanding games.
- Bugs. Dear lord, the bugs. Expect things to randomly go missing. Expect to die without any apparent cause.
- The developers (and fans) seem openly hostile to bug reports or any kind of legitimate criticism of the game. Its early access state is routinely used as a blanket apologetic for the game's problems. Stay away from the game's official forums and subreddit. They are both cancerous echo chambers.

In summary: play it -- but go in with the knowledge that your experience will be far from perfect.
Posted November 28, 2016. Last edited December 2, 2016.
I struggled a lot with whether or not to recommend this game. It is nothing that it doesn't claim to be, but that was exactly the problem for me. Ultimately, I settled on "no" simply because there is absolutely no replay value, and the gameplay is a mindless grind-fest.

Your decisions have minimal impact on the course you take through the game (short of making totally stupid decisions that bankrupt your company -- if you have half a brain, that won't ever happen). The gameplay an hour or two into the game is exactly the same as it is in the first ten minutes. None of the content you unlock as you progress was enough to hold my interest; they're more or less just reskins of existing content. The endgame mechanics are nearly identical to the early game mechanics, just with more staff, more fans, and more revenue.

If you like that kind of repetitive zen-ish gameplay then this game might be for you, but even at $10 I don't feel like this game is worth it. I played it one time for a few hours, and there's nothing whatsoever that makes me want to play it again. There are far better tycoon/simulation games more deserving of your time.
Posted November 28, 2016. Last edited November 28, 2016.
Pros:
+ I know it's late, but let me just automate this one last thing and then I'll go to bed.
+ Shoot, my iron mine is running dry. Let me just establish a new one.
+ Okay, I'll go to bed. ... But first, I need to expand my solar power plant.

Cons:
- ... Is that the sun?
Posted November 28, 2016.
This game makes me wish I'd never played it

because I want to play it for the first time again.
Posted December 3, 2014. Last edited December 3, 2014.
No ratings yet
If you ever played Desert Bus and thought "I want something more complicated, but only just barely," then this is the game for you.
Posted November 20, 2014.