Posted: Mar 13 @ 8:26am
Updated: Mar 13 @ 8:30am

So... this is my 100th review. What game should I review? One special to me, maybe? How about MI2?

But...? MI2 isn't my favorite video game -- The Witcher 3 is.
But...? MI2 isn't the best Monkey Island game -- the first one is probably funnier and more memorable.
But...? MI2 isn't even my favorite Monkey Island game -- I liked the 3D episodes better, even if they're universally panned for their terrible 3D models.

But......... MI2 will always be the first video game I fell in love with. The one that I spent tons of money on when I had expensive long-distance phone calls with a friend to try and get out of the jungle, back when we didn't have the Internet.
And this flawless remastered edition gives it justice.

The lesson to remember: never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game. INCLUDING phone bills.
Lestrade 尚 Apr 2 @ 6:22am
(Continued) Why did it receive 9/9 helpfuls? Well, I don't know, because they agreed with what I wrote? Do I have to review the Remastered edition in a 50.000-word review for you to vote 'Helpful'? Even when other reviews in this page do it very well and I don't have anything to add to them?

Sometimes, we all like to read a short review that gets to the point. That can be helpful, too.

As for the 'poor review' mention, glad to know your opinions are as binary as the Steam review system is. Personally, I click 'Helpful' on all reviews that are well formulated, regardless of whether I agree with them, because people took time to write them, and for free. Or ultimately, all we'll end up with are "11/10 would waste time againz lulz" reviews.
Lestrade 尚 Apr 2 @ 6:20am
Well, Monkey Island 1 has the most memorable jokes. "I sell these fine leather jackets", the "chicken with a pulley in the middle", "You fight like a cow", "Never pay more..", and so many great one-liners come from the first one. Honestly, I can't remember any one-liners specific to the follow-up, and most of its memorable scenes were inspired by other things (the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, Empire Strikes Back...)

But as I said, Monkey Island 2 is my first love. I was just trying to say that, logically, the second game has no reason to be the game I'd write my 100th review for, but emotionally it makes sense to me. Also, the Remastered edition for Monkey Island 1 has problems no one can't deny, first and foremost Guybrush's haircut. I never finished its Remastered edition, while I finished Monkey Island 2 Remastered on mobile.
Jody.Flint Apr 2 @ 3:38am
How can you possibly think Monkey Island is funnier/better than Monkey Island 2? They are leagues apart.

How had this review received 9/9 helpfuls? You aren't even giving an opinion on the special edition version. Just trutting the nostalgia line.

Poor review.
SkiLLionaRe Mar 28 @ 12:00pm
Thanks for the add, I'll checkout your reviews. I sent you a PM go check it.
Lestrade 尚 Mar 28 @ 2:48am
I have all of those, don't worry. Heck I have 3000 games so chances are if something good/casual ever got bundled (like these 3, although technically Just Cause 3 wasn't bundled until... tomorrow), I got it already ;)
I particularly love Sleeping Dogs' soundtrack. There are Chinese rap songs that are just too funny, it also made me discover and love Breton, etc.

I'd recommend you take a look at my 99 prior reviews. Maybe you'll find some games you'll like. :)
SkiLLionaRe Mar 27 @ 11:35pm
p.s life was strange was a great game I just beat that last week.
SkiLLionaRe Mar 27 @ 11:34pm
Right now on steam I am playing sleeping dogs definitive edition. You're a cop from the U.S that plays a under cover agent in hong kong. It's like GTA type of gameplay but better melee fighting. Just cause 3 XL, was a blast to play get that on sale if you can.
Tales of the boarderland was the funnest game I played in a long time, and proabally the best telletales game made along with walking dead one and two.
Lestrade 尚 Mar 27 @ 10:50pm
Never Alone I play with my kid when he has time. Which is rarely. It's enjoyable for now. We only played for an hour.
Nexr big thing, as I said it's in my inventory, nor wishlist. I even have it drm-free from nuuvem.com or equivalent.
I like mostly good games. I don't care if they're indie. It doesn't influence me. ;)
SkiLLionaRe Mar 27 @ 5:10pm
I notice you played never alone. I have that on gog dot com. I havn't played it in months but i remember the control of the game sucked so bad at a point i couldn't get passed the very first levels. The next big thing is awesome get it when it's on sale. You like mostly lesser known indie games?
Lestrade 尚 Mar 27 @ 4:29pm
Good to know, thanks!
The next big thing is in my Steam inventory actually ;)
I like most of the 'classics', and a few lesser known games like Ceville, Jolly Rover and Vooju Island for instance. Technically not great, but very enjoyable.