Recent reviews by Mentaljen

The art style is simple but effective. It really takes me back to when I played Harvest Moon as a child while at the same time the small details make the game feel current.

The music is beautiful and frequently changes throughout the day so you always have something different and soothing to listen to. There's not a single track that I haven't enjoyed so far and a lot of it is very remniscent of an older era of SNES games.

At first I wasn't sure if I would enjoy npcs in this game but they really have a way of growing on you even if a lot of their personalities can be slightly offputting at first.

The entire game has a way of drawing you in and not allowing you to set it down. There are alot of things you can do even if you don't neccessarily want to focus on farming/ranching. Alternatively there is a lot of fishing and an entire mine you can explore.

I've played about 100 some hours as I'm editing this review and I still haven't done everything there is to do in the game.

I would highly reccomend this game. It's the beginning of 2016 as I write this review but I doubt another game is going to top this as my GOTY especially because the developer is going to add multiplayer and more content later.
Posted February 28, 2016. Last edited January 14.