Recent reviews by Diamond Tiara

< 1  2  3 >
To be honest, I'm impressed with this. It's a very ambitious project for the small team they used to be. And it seems to me that they poured more attention in here, than in the 1st season of Sam & Max. It's funny to see how they will re-use some models from this in the later titles.

Characters are charming, dialogues are long and branchy, puzzles, comparing to the 1st episode, took a step up.

I can't even say that visuals are bad: cartoony style holds up ok and animations are above average.

I liked the experience.

So why's the negative review? They ditched the game and ended series after this, so you can't finish the story. Grab it only for curiosity's sake and only if you spend your dough nonchalantly.
Posted July 30.
Let's get this straight: it's a terrible gamification of Reservoir Dogs, but as a standalone arcade it's... ok. If you like to pump the score up, it's up your alley. Levels to my liking are too long and there are too many of them. Yes. too many. Quantity over quality: they are too much alike and provide similiar experience.

I'd prefered much more enclosed enviroments without inner stages. Maybe randomly generated arenas and endless mode. And score table is like a must have, but there's none (yet?).

The rewind feature actually reminds me more of programming robots. You program the 1st, you program the 2nd, you watch s**t smeared all over the room. You must take to account not only the constant of your guys, but also the variable of boys in blue. Hence short calculated moves.

It's not a game you were waiting for, it's not a game you immediately pick up on release. But as a time killer, the one you play half asleep, it's good.

The presentation is rock solid, nice music, no bugs.
It's like XCOM 2012, but cooler. Attention to little details make some situations unforgetable – randomly generated levels with tonns of management brew unique experience each minute. Handling of X-COM project depicted very fine-grained, the only thing you aren't in charge is cleaning. The diverse gameplay never gets stale. Highly addicting.
Posted February 23.
Quick harmless fun. Listen to monologue, push a button, listen to monologue, push a button. Nice visuals.

Don't go to forum, nothing but useless gags there. Yes, the game is a joke, there's no game. The pie is in the sky.
Posted November 1, 2016.
Backtracking. That's all you need to know. Lots of it. The game structured horribly and you're constantly sent to press a button on a deck you've been previously. Sometimes it's plain ridiculous. Should I add that the decks are pretty vast and you can't run for long? Well, if you love walking and lift cabin makes your heart beat faster, – it's your kind of game!

You're free to wander around the ship, but there's nothing there to go astray and some locks can't be open even if you know the combination, unless the story progressed to the certain point.

Sometimes you encounter monsters some of them are killable, some are not. Though it's better to avoid both types if you have the chance. Sometimes you feel smart about fooling them, but it's not very sportmanlike – to run around tables, to get on the box they can't reach, to simply outrun? It's like you're fighting with the game and not with the monsters. I'd prefered some variety in their behaviour and different tactics to deal with the same enemy depending on the situation.

Why am I speeking so much about monsters? Because game has so much of weapons for a horror game. And they just don't do anything beside deal prescibed ammount of damage to the enemy model. Even wrench you've got at the start used (correct me if I'm wrong) as a wrench only once! The point of it being the wrench then, when there's a nice sledge lying nearby?

The story? I didn't finish the game, despite my 10+ hours (missed the tip about the map and wandered without it), but as far as I get I didn't find anything engaging. I heard there's a twist at the end, but I think I can guess what it is and what's the point in a good twist if you must struggle to get to it?

There're some nice things like sound design and hallucinations that help greatly to set the mood, plus I must note ocasionaly placed deactivated robots, standing grim at the corners, – realy nice touch. Of course, the 1st thought you get is to unscrew their heads off, but alas.

Overall I don't see the reason why this game should have been made in a state it is presented. It lacks the spark, the imagination, something that would lift it above others. We've seen everything this game has to offer in another projects done much better.

And backtracking! Backtracking!
Posted October 10, 2016. Last edited October 10, 2016.
I used to love the 1st one. I don't know why, but the 2nd one despite being almost the same (but with more stuff) rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I don't have the nostalgia feels to it.

The game itself is like a big sandbox, with plenty of options to make your own distinct Luna Park. But the biggest downside for me is that you can't build rides with the time paused. And decorating can be very clumsy. And with micromanagment piling up it really frustrates me. I want to build the perfect track and not be bothered (yet) with mundane problems! This duality of building and managment wasn't as apparent to me in the 1st one, I think, because it lacked many decorations, so it was more straightforward.

I must point the fact that the game is working with 16:9 aspect ratio, which is realy sweet.
Posted September 25, 2016.
I used to love this game, I was young and naive :). I still like it, but more than the game I love the trains. The gameplay is too repetitive and doesn't provide you with creative chalenges. I'm torn realy, it's a nice toy box, but as a game not so much, IMHO.

P.S. Search the discussions for the crash-fix.
Posted September 9, 2016. Last edited September 9, 2016.
It's Super Meat Boy Blindfolded. Similiar feel, but you have to splatter the level 1st to see where you're jumping... interesting idea for a segment, but the whole game? I dunno. Grab it for a dollar.
Posted September 9, 2016.
It's the game Alan Wake wanted to be, but with quirks and wonderful B-movie taste.

But be warned: it's bad, it realy is. It won't be working without fan patches, and it's very rough around the corners, and the story's ludicrous. But it has style. It has a character. It's like an old geeky friend with strange tastes. Not creme de la creme, but interesting one.

Reminds me of an old game named Harvester.
Posted July 28, 2016.
Amateurish sokoban clone. It's harmless. Good time waster for asked price. Just turn on the radio / podcast / your favourite show and meditate while rolling jello-cubes around.

The absence of the undo-button is a two-edged sword... showed into your... arsenal: of course, it irritates, but it forces you to think ahead, like in chess. The big downside? The score system is time based! I repeat: time based score system in a game that forces you to think ahead. Don't care for scores, but, IMHO, here we have some major design flaw.
Posted July 14, 2016. Last edited July 14, 2016.
< 1  2  3 >