Recent reviews by Diamond Tiara

< 1  2  3 >
It's like XCOM 2012, but cooler. Attention to little details make some situations unforgetable – randomly generated levels with tonns of management brew unique experience each minute. Handling of X-COM project depicted very fine-grained, the only thing you aren't in charge is cleaning. The diverse gameplay never gets stale. Highly addicting.
Posted February 23.
Quick harmless fun. Listen to monologue, push a button, listen to monologue, push a button. Nice visuals.

Don't go to forum, nothing but useless gags there. Yes, the game is a joke, there's no game. The pie is in the sky.
Posted November 1, 2016.
Backtracking. That's all you need to know. Lots of it. The game structured horribly and you're constantly sent to press a button on a deck you've been previously. Sometimes it's plain ridiculous. Should I add that the decks are pretty vast and you can't run for long? Well, if you love walking and lift cabin makes your heart beat faster, – it's your kind of game!

You're free to wander around the ship, but there's nothing there to go astray and some locks can't be open even if you know the combination, unless the story progressed to the certain point.

Sometimes you encounter monsters some of them are killable, some are not. Though it's better to avoid both types if you have the chance. Sometimes you feel smart about fooling them, but it's not very sportmanlike – to run around tables, to get on the box they can't reach, to simply outrun? It's like you're fighting with the game and not with the monsters. I'd prefered some variety in their behaviour and different tactics to deal with the same enemy depending on the situation.

Why am I speeking so much about monsters? Because game has so much of weapons for a horror game. And they just don't do anything beside deal prescibed ammount of damage to the enemy model. Even wrench you've got at the start used (correct me if I'm wrong) as a wrench only once! The point of it being the wrench then, when there's a nice sledge lying nearby?

The story? I didn't finish the game, despite my 10+ hours (missed the tip about the map and wandered without it), but as far as I get I didn't find anything engaging. I heard there's a twist at the end, but I think I can guess what it is and what's the point in a good twist if you must struggle to get to it?

There're some nice things like sound design and hallucinations that help greatly to set the mood, plus I must note ocasionaly placed deactivated robots, standing grim at the corners, – realy nice touch. Of course, the 1st thought you get is to unscrew their heads off, but alas.

Overall I don't see the reason why this game should have been made in a state it is presented. It lacks the spark, the imagination, something that would lift it above others. We've seen everything this game has to offer in another projects done much better.

And backtracking! Backtracking!
Posted October 10, 2016. Last edited October 10, 2016.
I used to love the 1st one. I don't know why, but the 2nd one despite being almost the same (but with more stuff) rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I don't have the nostalgia feels to it.

The game itself is like a big sandbox, with plenty of options to make your own distinct Luna Park. But the biggest downside for me is that you can't build rides with the time paused. And decorating can be very clumsy. And with micromanagment piling up it really frustrates me. I want to build the perfect track and not be bothered (yet) with mundane problems! This duality of building and managment wasn't as apparent to me in the 1st one, I think, because it lacked many decorations, so it was more straightforward.

I must point the fact that the game is working with 16:9 aspect ratio, which is realy sweet.
Posted September 25, 2016.
I used to love this game, I was young and naive :). I still like it, but more than the game I love the trains. The gameplay is too repetitive and doesn't provide you with creative chalenges. I'm torn realy, it's a nice toy box, but as a game not so much, IMHO.

P.S. Search the discussions for the crash-fix.
Posted September 9, 2016. Last edited September 9, 2016.
It's Super Meat Boy Blindfolded. Similiar feel, but you have to splatter the level 1st to see where you're jumping... interesting idea for a segment, but the whole game? I dunno. Grab it for a dollar.
Posted September 9, 2016.
It's the game Alan Wake wanted to be, but with quirks and wonderful B-movie taste.

But be warned: it's bad, it realy is. It won't be working without fan patches, and it's very rough around the corners, and the story's ludicrous. But it has style. It has a character. It's like an old geeky friend with strange tastes. Not creme de la creme, but interesting one.

Reminds me of an old game named Harvester.
Posted July 28, 2016.
Amateurish sokoban clone. It's harmless. Good time waster for asked price. Just turn on the radio / podcast / your favourite show and meditate while rolling jello-cubes around.

The absence of the undo-button is a two-edged sword... showed into your... arsenal: of course, it irritates, but it forces you to think ahead, like in chess. The big downside? The score system is time based! I repeat: time based score system in a game that forces you to think ahead. Don't care for scores, but, IMHO, here we have some major design flaw.
Posted July 14, 2016. Last edited July 14, 2016.
I can sink enormous amount of time in these kind of games, and I mean into their editors. Gunscape has a good one, it lacks fine tuning, but is easy to use and fast to build. For free you can build levels with two randomly chosen themes -- a nice exercise. The themes match well known FPS games: Bioshock, Quake, Team Fortress 2, etc. Mechanics and weapons are exclusive to them, so no stairs and double barrelled shotgun if you don't have Tremor.

Movement and shooting feels nice. Multiplayer games are fast paced and jumpy with the emphasis on manoeuvring and grabbing goods. Also, there's no headshots, I'm slightly miss them (a-ha – a pun!), but their absence is in accord with the ye olde FPS style.

Single player campaigns, for the most part, are boring as hell. It includes the developer's one. Sorry, guys, Great work and all, but it's so unimaginative and boring.

Also I want to adress the visuals, thank god, it's not cubic characters with cubic guns, it's low-poly models with low-res textures, something in the likeness of Quake 1, but with skeletal animation :-). I like it. Feels very fresh and nostalgic. There are even some props to spice up your creations.

The only real problem is that servers are dead... almost... yeah... but it means that if you'lll create a game with your map in the list, players'll have no choice, but to try it! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I'm thinking about the purchase of a standart edition, but the lack of players frightens me. So I most deffinetly say go try the F2P version, it has it's share of fun and people I met were very polite, and buy the expansion only if you're realy into block building.
Posted June 30, 2016. Last edited July 11, 2016.
No ratings yet
Great idea, ok execution. Cool slo-mo. Not too varied. Short and pretensious story. Many repetitive challenges. The price is quite steep.

The main gameplay mechanic is very beatiful and empowering, makes you feel like a movie-hero. Too bad the're s nothing to build upon it. The levels provide close to zero oportunities for you to shine. They are static and do not enchance the gameplay.

I don't recommend to pay full price, but on a sale it's worth it.

There's some shady shenanigans with Oculus, and bakers left behind, it's bad, but I don't want side deals to influence the score of said game, so I change my review to thumb up. It's really a great idea with a good presentation, give it a try.
Posted June 27, 2016. Last edited October 10, 2016.
< 1  2  3 >