Recent reviews by Jiggles

< 1  2  3 ... 8 >
An incredibly deep game, first off.
Also an incredibly exciting one, too.
I never thought managing the finances of a besieged 14th century England (that has taken over all of France, I would add.) is more exciting that a gunfight in Overwatch, for example, but it is.
Posted July 22, 2017. Last edited November 11, 2017.
At the time of writing, I've played 40 minutes and killed 4 people. I love this game.
There's a ridiculous rush of adrenaline whenever you see anyone. All you've been working up to for the past century could be gone in an instant. They might hear you as you sneak up. They might just look behind themselves out of paranoia.
But when they don't, and you line them up and blow them to hell it feels SO DAMN GOOD.
You'll go from feeling a rush of adrenaline and pure pleasure to feeling extremely anxious, scared and alone as a group turns up in your killing grounds.
You'll be running around, out opf the play area, health slowly ticking away...And suddenly a little Dacia will appear on the horizon and you'll know - You're saved.

Now, of course there are downsides.
It's in alpha, so it's glitchy as♥♥♥♥♥♥ You'll need to reload a couple of times before the bullets are able to shoot. So make sure you have a few guns ready.
It runs awfully. Imagine Maggie De Block going uphill. Runs worse than that.
So be prepared for NES graphics with a frame-rate to match if you have anything less than a Cray Titan.
It's more than worth the pain of glitches and graphical issues, though. It really really really really is.
Posted April 21, 2017.
Thank the Omnissiah for online multiplayer.
This game is horrible to play alone, but one of the best experiences you can ever have if you play it with buddies. So much fun has been had with my buddies and I, traversing the Space Hulk, stormbolters spewing mass reactive shells into 'nids.
Posted March 14, 2017.
Innovate design that will never catch on.
Posted January 9, 2017.
The God-Emperor demands you buy this, to hold back the tide of Xenos filth.
Posted January 9, 2017.
The first game is far, far better in my opinion. If you're buying a Dishonored game for the first time, I'd strongly suggest getting that one.
Not to say this one is bad, but it's more of the same awesome-fun-stab-fest action that D1 had, but with a poorer story, a less interesting place and a less-cool plague.
Posted January 9, 2017.
I find this game repetitive, dull, and generally difficult to play.

The community is toxic and nobody uses anything that isn't an AWP, AK, or Deagle. Meaning you get instantly killed upon looking anywhere. Don't bother asking for help, because as I said, they community is toxic. The only response you'll get is "kys♥♥♥♥♥ or similar.

On the bright side, I opened a case and got a knife.
Posted January 9, 2017.
Why are you looking at the review for this game?
No matter who you are, this game is good.
Posted January 9, 2017.
A tactical shooter in which every step you take could lead you into your death, or into victory.

Nowhere is safe, at all. Walls will fall, floors will crumble, and every single tiny gap that you see, well, they can see to. And they can ram a ♥♥♥♥ing bullet into that hole and blow your fat head off.

I strongly reccomend this game, to anyone who enjoys shooters. As I said before, it has destructible terrain. Said terrain will change the course of games in second. Someone hiding in that room? Blow down the walls. Blow down their hiding spot. Crack open the ceiling and rain down hell. Break through the floor and shread him from beneath.
on top of this, it has some of the best sound design I've ever seen. Sound is truly, truly important with this game. As said before with the terrain, it can change the course of the game. Hearing that tiny crunch of rubble underfoot, that telltale sign of where they are flips the table quicker than John C Smith, world table-flipping chamption four years in a row.
I strongly reccomend getting some good speakers/headphones before playing.

I'm going on a bit here, so I'll shorten this down a bunch. This is a tactical shooter that, I feel, almost completely innovates the genre.
It is 100% worth buying, and no matter what mode you play will present an interesting and varied challenge.

This game is wonderful.

The graphics hold up today - They're brilliant, sharp, and vibrant.

The combat all feels scripted - Whenever you engage an enemy, the animations, the way they act, and your abilites end up making it look like an action movie.

The game is challenging and has a good difficulty curve.

It gives you plenty of freedom in each level as well. Imagine a small section of map from Far Cry, for example, with 3 places to go to - 2 of which are optional.
Smash a few hundred Koreans around this map between you and the objectives, and you've got 30 minutes of charging around punching people for the crime of standing in the way of you, and you've got a hell of a good time.

But, of course, this has downsides:

It ends.
Apparently it doesn't always work on Windows 10, sometimes,.
And in my opinion, invisiblity eats up power way to fast.

TL;DR: Buy this. If in Win10, prepare to refund.
Posted October 27, 2016. Last edited August 7, 2017.
< 1  2  3 ... 8 >