Recent reviews by DOKUPE

No ratings yet
This review is going to sound bad, but overall I enjoyed this game, despite the problems I had with it.

Let's start with the thing that disappointed me the most: the story. A very lackluster story with a boring nothing ending. The characters weren't compelling nor was the plot itself. The world of Mordor was also bland and boring, with no depth to it. Not satisying at all to explore or look at. I love middle-earth and the world Tolkien has created, but this only really uses it on a surface level. The quests were equally drab and repetitive, featuring mainly the same rotation of objectives you have to complete on repeat. The main story quests were better and more varied, though. Not much reward for completing side quests and objectives either. They mostly end up feeling like busy work after you've done a few.

The combat is Arkham style, so it gets repetitive and boring eventually. It'll depend on your tolerance for it. It can be very satisfying at times to take on hordes of enemies without much trouble or a particularly annoying enemy. It's a very mechanically competent game, if that's your thing.

Again, all that said, I still enjoyed the game and would recommend it for people who are more interested in mechanics/gameplay than story.
Posted July 26.
This has easily become one of my favorite games ever, thanks mostly to an engaging, deep story set in a quirky lore-filled world teeming with things to discover. The combat mechanics are excellent and very satisfying, especially as you acquire more abilities. I absolutely loved the perspective and gameplay switches the game goes through in various areas and parts of quests; it adds an incredibly unique feel to the game you won't experience anywhere else. The soundtrack is a fantastic complement to the game, but also great for listening to separately.

The only real "negative" to this game is there are a decent amount of fetch/kill quests when you aren't running main story quests (it is an open world RPG after all). However, they're improved by being quirky, adding lore/background to the world, and still generally enjoyable due to the rest of the feature set. Don't let this discourage you though, because it's completely worth it to experience the story and world NieR:Automata has to offer.

NOTE: The DLC doesn't particularly add anything worthwhile for me, but the new colosseums gives players more interested in the combat a chance to challenge themselves. And the outfits are cute.
Posted July 26. Last edited July 26.
No ratings yet
Amazing art design, simply yet intuitive point and click adventure. This game is fantastic, and very entertaining. It's also very cute and heart warming. Pick this game up immediately.
Posted August 4, 2012.
No ratings yet
Incredible experience. An innovative and unique shooter with a fun and creepy world. This game delivers and it is amazingly fun to play. Recommend this for anyone who hasn't yet played it. It's worth it.
Posted August 4, 2012.