Recent reviews by Jazz Puppy! <3

< 1  2  3  4 >
No matter how fun this game looks to you, trust me. I highly do not recommend this game; not because of it's difficulty, but because it's harder for newer players to understand AND because the recoil is absolute♥♥♥♥♥ first person and third person is literally completely different in terms of recoil, it's sure satisfying to get a kill and everything, but in it's current state I cannot recommend this game due to the fact I cannot see myself playing this game in a month from now, you'll spend about 30 hours on it max. If on sale, maybe.
Posted September 1.
First off, I genuinely ♥♥♥♥ing enjoyed this game at the lowest settings possible with a 17 fps average, (played at 50% resolution scale using custom settings through game files) AND I won my 6th match (solo) with three kills.
6th game.
17 FPS.
A win on solo.
No excuses for you!

Anyway - to the♥♥♥♥♥♥you wanna see

Pros =

-Fantastic visuals

-Convincing, detailed environments ( i know this from looking at a friend of mine irl play )

-Makes you properly think about what's going on

-I haven't played too many battle royales, but undoubtebly this has some of the most intense gameplay I've had to date. This is a regular game of PUBG: Skydive into the city, grab loot and kill people in the town who are also grabbing♥♥♥♥♥♥ Grab a car ( or not lol ) and drive / run away to another city. Repeat until there's 20 players left. All of a sudden, you want to win. You feel your confidence slowly climbing. Everyone plays carefully. There aren't as many gunshots as you heard before. You engage in a long distance battle with a single player. You give that ♥♥♥♥♥♥ the L. Drive off into cover in the playzone. Wait it out. Discover that your shelter's no longer in the playzone and be forced to move out to cover as small as a tree. There's 5 men left. Silence... Two people die in a 3 man fight. There's now three of you left. One of the players kills the other. This is the moment. 2 People alive. Your heart is racing faster than a jet. Take damage and heal. Peak again. Trade a couple hits with him/her. But your main weapon is out of ammo and you now need to switch to a gun not suited for the advantage. You get a headshot on that ♥♥♥♥♥ and win the game and shout with joy, "AYE YO ♥♥♥♥ EVERYONE I AM THE BEST PUBG PLAYER". I've never felt so much joy from a video game in my whole life, my first CS:GO 1v5 clutch wasn't as good. Your best sniper clip on COD. You won't a game more enjoyable.

-Cons

-Awful with optimizations, it really is absolutely horrible. My specs are i7 3700k, 16gb ram ddr3, amd radeon 6950 2gb and i get 14-35 fps outside buildings, indoors i get 35-70 at lowest settings. I've even tried to go into the game files and phyiscally change the resolution to something it normally cannot do, but it still runs like absolute♥♥♥♥♥

He can help you get additional frames on the game without having to do weird♥♥♥♥♥♥ The only disadvantage to this is A. He turns everything down, (which isn't really bad) but he turns down his resolution scale extra (than you normally can). On top of that he has an optimization file for the engine which can be manually edited to your suitings, however the game will be unusually dark and greatly increasing difficulty if someone is shooting at you from somewhere you don't know. For instance, if you're laying down in shadows in grass patches, you entirely cut all vision off from far away. However, the game in in EA. Give it some time.

-Too much adrenaline rush for me on my first win, was really tired and had a headache shortly after winning lmao

-I can't really say too much about gameplay issues, but this game is near perfect and remember, I had 17 fps average and I enjoy the game.
Posted July 13. Last edited August 1.
Below is what you will think when you're awful

The game is all based off of a game element called "Control". Control is when you have a cycle that you follow in the arena to grab all the armors possible, so you have a chance. Now, this doesn't seem like a problem, for the most part to you. Well, the problem is A. If someone has the first frag on you, you will keep on spawning infront of them and you will have 0% chance to recover, as you will keep spawning with a boring pistol and 100 health points, and then your opponent right beside you will have mega health, red armor, all the weapons on the map and good♥♥♥♥♥♥ and he will simply chase you down until you die, and it keeps on repeating over and over and over. The very little chances of comebacks that happen was A. due to a screwup on the controllers part, (or he's just god awful) or B. If you happen to be great at control, but messed up a bit you should be able to make a comeback. However, you will find at the end of some games that you dealt 3k damage, 0 kills, but your opponent might've dealt 2k-4k damage, and have won. If you have control of the map, you automatically have control of the game; again the only way you goose up is a simple mistake, or something you forgot to cycle allowed him to comeback. TL;DR - Very small skill differences like control can result in HUGE frag differences. Hence why the game is no fun unless you play on a game mode in which there are no pickups, 100hp and 200 red armor for each time you spawn in a duel; if a kill was made during the round, a new round begins, respawning both players and it continues. The game has very little skill involved, and I feel this needs to be balanced. On top of that, the Reflex community (their discord, for example) are very unfair and quite toxic. I simply was kicked/muted for 3 days for simply bringing up the topic of splitscreen. I highly recommend you just save your breath (unless you are a quake vet and you know how to do this♥♥♥♥♥♥ and simply buy something else, because you will get very♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥off.

The good game modes that involve true skill is Arena. Arena comes in three different forms: Arena as in last man standing ffa, Clan Arena, last team standing, and lastly Arena Duel - king of the duel. When you play an arena mode, you ALWAYS spawn with 100 hp, and 200 armor with all the weapons. The catch is: you die until the round is over, then you respawn, and everyone gets their health points / armor reset to the default (100h 200a) The best part is: there are 0 pickups, meaning you can't recover from being bulldozed from a rocket three times in a row.

--------------------What you will think once you become an experienced player--------------------

Welcome to Reflex Arena, a game that truly tests your skills in many different ways. The review you read above was me being toxic new player who sucked♥♥♥♥♥at the game (hey, some of it is still true.) Reflex Arena is a strategic arena shooter, involving a variety of different modes, ranging from instagib, in which you have a bolt action rifle to shoot at your enemies; but the catch is, they die in a single hit~~ all the way to Capture the Flag, which is pretty obvious for what it means. But the most popular mode in Reflex right now is the Duel mode, which is mainly what I had complained about in my negative review above. Reflex is a game that takes a good amount of skill; you have to master multiple components of the game to be able to play it. Gamesense, Aim, and most importantly control. Aim in of itself cannot win you a game, matter of fact; if you had aimbot at 100hp vs someone with 100hp, armor and all guns, you would certainly lose. Throughout this review you will understand why this is the case. Sure, aim is important in a fair situation, and for slowing people down. But, most matches are about grabbing the armor, and finding and taking advantage of the opponents weaknesses; you find what they hate most and use it against them. Let's describe a match of Reflex Arena first: You both spawn, and scatter your area for weapons, and armor. You will come across eachother, and may either ignore each other in order to grab more armor/weapons, or you will maybe try to grab a pick on them. However, once both of you have A. considerable amount of armor, or B. equal odds (further in the game) you will fight, until one of you are very low on health, and will back up to retrieve health, and armor. This is where Control kicks in. You need to control the map so well, that your opponent cannot recover from his mistake. Once you kill him, you may come across him a couple times with no armor, and again take advantage of this. (this is probably what ticks off players the most, lmao) But, then, the opponent you have killed will recover. He will prevent you from grabbing armor, steal it for himself and then proceed to run for the hills to come back properly prepared. Or, he may get cocky and take a couple shots are you in attempt to kill you. He may, or may not succeed. In these moments, stacks matter the most. Someone with more armor and hp will surely dominate over the opponent. However, once done the situation is over, he will have lower hp than usual, and his cycle will be distrupted. This is when your opponent strikes. The game eventaully plays itself out, and you may even go into overtime. This isn't your typical unreal. This isn't your typical Quake. This.... This is Reflex Arena.

Additional side note: the game is indeed difficult to those who are new to the game. But remember this: It takes a series of defeats to learn and become better. -Victoria
Posted May 13. Last edited June 24.
deep man
Posted April 16.
No ratings yet
Has money from robbing banks, millions and millions of dollars being made every year; enough to get the best gear in the world and some of the most powerful guns as well as hire crewmen from all over the world; yet they still can't buy a ♥♥♥♥ing drill that doesn't require you to repair it every 1/4 of the way

gg, overkill
Posted March 17. Last edited August 30.
Even though it's short, it's definitley capable as a speedrun game. The graphics look amazing, and feels so peaceful to play. The soundtrack is amazing as well. I bought this at 1.08$ during the 2016 Winter sale. I'm not gonna lie, however 3.29 seems kinda overpriced for me as I don't get money that often, but I still would not be disappointed at all. I highly recommend you play this game.
Posted December 30, 2016.
This game is a rip off of UT3

That's not a bad thing
Posted December 12, 2016.
fun af
Posted December 10, 2016.
This game is truly creative and unique, and also great fun. This game is still in development however so you may experience bugs and stuff. More is being added to the game as it goes. This also improves your general aim, too. It's amazing. I highly recommend you buy this game, as it's price is bad. 3.29$? This game is worth so much more. Please buy this and populate it buy playing it. People who give negative reviews have very little hours and they also don't give the dev a chance to fix any issues, and he's really open to the community, too... so if there is a bug, try to fix it first instead of writing a negative review.
Posted November 12, 2016. Last edited December 8, 2016.
its free you got nothing to lose and you can actually make money off of it with the market system and all. fun to play. would be super damn awesome if you could build a legitimate base, couldnt last time i played and that waws when it first came out. not sure if you can now but if you can get this game im suprised you dont have to pay the devs worked hard on this they deserve lots of credit.
Posted October 28, 2016.